Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game
BatmanWayne Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Try something new! Amnesia Custom Story - The Game

(07-24-2012, 08:44 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 08:34 PM)BatmanWayne Wrote: You guys are being assholes, I'd like to see you do better, fucktards.

If you don't like it, don't post in it, atleast just say it's bad, no need to explain it in an aggressive way, hopefully your next custom story will get abused so much you'll hang yourself and suicide.
The point of posting negative feedback is to show him that not everyone likes it. If he thought everyone liked it, then he would continue making crappy mods. This way, maybe he will learn something.

However, last time, I did give him constructive feedback. He chose not to accept it. I'm not interested in doing so a second time. I have given constructive feedback on these forums for quite some time now, even to worse mods than this. The majority of people accepted it, used it, and thanked me later. Am I the best modder in the world? Hell to the no. Do I know what I am talking about when I review someone else's mod? I like to think so.

Wishing depression and death upon other people is a terrible thing. Perhaps you, BatmanWayne, are the asshole here. If you disagree with our opinions on the mod, state your own positive experiences, don't tell everyone else to go kill themselves because you disagree.
No, you did not give him constructive feedback, you were simply being a douchebag and bitching about how this custom story was better than yours.
07-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

(07-24-2012, 08:46 PM)BatmanWayne Wrote: No, you did not give him constructive feedback, you were simply being a douchebag and bitching about how this custom story was better than yours.
I understand I am feeding a troll here, but let's get one thing straight: I said I gave him constructive feedback in a past thread. Not this one.

I noticed you have posted very hateful and harsh comments in many threads, telling people to kill themselves or fuck off. I have notified the mods of your actions. Go troll a different forum. You are not welcome here.

07-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
BatmanWayne Offline

Threads: 0

I'm insulting people that deserve to be insulted, like yourself, who is posting un-needed criticism, go hang yourself.
07-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-24-2012, 08:51 PM)BatmanWayne Wrote: I'm insulting people that deserve to be insulted, like yourself, who is posting un-needed criticism, go hang yourself.
Not like this'll really change anything considering he's banned, but I want to point something out. If you're someone who yells at people for giving criticism or even bitching about a mod, I want to ask you something. Have you ever complained about a really terrible game, movie, book, or really any other form of media before? Even if it's just saying "wow this movie/game/book was crap". How is that any different? How about you sit your hypocritical ass down now.

Posting Freak
07-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

I can't stop noticing his post count. Maybe it's a good idea for moderators to compare is IP/DNS status to the one of this threads creator. Maybe he's not the only one that requires the ban. I may be wrong. It's just strange.

Maybe you could check Machine ID too. There are certain people that don't deserve other people, thus not deserving a community.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 03:39 AM by nemesis567.)
07-25-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-25-2012, 03:37 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: I can't stop noticing his post count. Maybe it's a good idea for moderators to compare is IP/DNS status to the one of this threads creator. Maybe he's not the only one that requires the ban. I may be wrong. It's just strange.

Maybe you could check Machine ID too. There are certain people that don't deserve other people, thus not deserving a community.
Already done mate, no worries, it was just a troll.
07-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(07-24-2012, 07:45 PM)Anxt Wrote: Well, unfortunately, when you release something, people play it and review it. Sometimes those reviews are bad.

If you think negative feedback is "shit" then I suggest you quit now, because no matter how good something is, SOMEONE will always give you a poor review. Always.

You say many people enjoy it. Cool. Tell them to recommend it to their friends, on their forums, hell, in this thread. So far, none of them have said anything.

I did not enjoy my time playing your mod. That compels me to post in its thread, telling others that I think they should not waste their time. That's just how a review goes sometimes. Could I have been more constructive? Yeah, definitely. But I wasn't really interested in doing so because this is the second time I have seen a thread for this mod, and the second time I was utterly disappointed. You fixed nothing from the first time around, you added nothing from the first time around, and yet you post another thread, trying to bump its popularity.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to frown upon things like that.

Go tell people who enjoyed it to post here. Or, you can release the mod on ModDB, and allow people to rate it. If people enjoy it, they'll rate it highly.
What I mean with "shit" is comments like: "give me my 15 minutes back". I can totally accept that people review this and say it's bad. Because this CS is not very good. But if people comment really mean things and try to hide it in their "constructive" way of talking, I would like to tell them: stop wasting your time. This is enough for a bad review:
1: rate it.
2: explain what's wrong.
Bam. You're done.
And for the ones not knowing this, I started working on this at the age of 13. I looked up how to create custom stories, and apparently, I had to learn some coding-thing called C++. Man, I didn't even know games had scripting. But I learned it. I put many hours into it, and at the beginning, I was incredibly happy being able to unlock a door. But after a few months I released, being really proud of myself. After I while I realized that, it's not really a "good" one. But people enjoyed it, at least.

So, of course everyone's opinion about how good it is or if it "sucks" is the same, even if I would have been 3 years old. But there is much friendlier ways of criticizing this, and I would like you to consider that.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

There is. You have to be friendly to receive friendly constructive comments.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(07-25-2012, 04:35 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: There is. You have to be friendly to receive friendly constructive comments.
I really don't see my unfriendly part in this.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
07-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I like how you ignored the fact that on your last thread (in which you claimed it was one of the top 100 mods on ModDB (which means nothing based on their ranking system)), I DID give you constructive feedback. I told you what I thought was wrong with it. I told you what you could do to fix it. That thread no longer exists, so that can't be proven either way.

You want constructive feedback? You got it.

1. Don't scale things to 40x their normal size. Textures don't look very good when you do.

2. Welders are your friend. In the "kitchen" area upstairs, you can blatantly see through the walls.

3. Metal cabinets are not big enough to hide in properly. The door does not close. That may have been intentional, but I figured I'd mention it.

4. Your story doesn't really exist. Every note can be skipped and it makes no difference as to how the mod is perceived. Story-less mods can be ok, if executed properly or if it is based solely on puzzles or something like that.

5. You have lit candles in bookshelves. I really hope that wood has been coated with a fire-retardant varnish, or your mansion will be burning down.

6. You have decals floating in the air in some spots. Specifically, in the upstairs area of the kitchen, one of the tables with people parts has a floating blood decal.

7. The only item other than a key in the entire thing is a crowbar. That crowbar is used to get out of the area that you find the crowbar in, back into an area you have already visited. Now another door has been unlocked, and there isn't any indication that it has been, nor does it make sense for the door to be unlocked.

8. When an enemy is coming at me and I am cornered, one of two things will be the case: a)It's a poofer, I need not be afraid; or b) I am meant to die or get chased or something, I may as well run away or just sit there and take it. These things do not create fear, unless implemented correctly (which you didn't).

9. You have many cliche events, especially the ending. There's nothing new or special about that, and as soon as I see a dead end, well, the ending is rather clear.

The point is, I have already spent 10 minutes typing the same type of post as this before. You didn't listen to a word of it before. Why would I be compelled to do it again?

Your age is irrelevant. Welcome to the Internet, and the real world. It doesn't matter how old you are, how experienced you are, how much time and effort you put into something, if you release it to the public, you effectively sign a contract saying "I understand that some people may love it and some may hate it, and I may very well get flamed for it, but it's worth it to try."

You gave it a shot. It didn't work out. I gave you the feedback you needed to make it better, you ignored it. Now here we are a few months later, with the same map, and the same attitude that because you are relatively young, it excuses you for making a bad mod. It does not.

07-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Find