Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a message show LANG file problem
Iyiyt Offline

Threads: 5
Exclamation  Making a message show LANG file problem

Literally five minutes after I solved my problem from the previous post, I ran into another one. Fortunately, this is probably going to be a lot easier to solve. I have this message I'm trying to show, but when I try to put it in the LANG file, none of my LANG file stuff works. Here's my working LANG file;
<LANGUAGE>
    <CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
        <Entry Name="Description">You are caught in the middle of a fight between two level editors, and your goal is simple. Make it out alive.</Entry>
    </CATEGORY>  
    <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
        <Entry Name="Note_Chris_Name">You better start running</Entry>
        <Entry Name="Note_Chris_Text">This is obviously where a monster is going to spawn behind you and chase you.[br]This WOULD be a chase sequence, but behind this door is nothing. An incomprehensible void. [br]However, I will make sure you get out alive. Here's what you have to do;[br] 1. Pull the door open.[br] 2. Trust in the level editor(me), and jump.</Entry>
    </CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Here's what it looks like when I try to put the message in (the difference is in red);

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You are caught in the middle of a fight between two level editors, and your goal is simple. Make it out alive.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Chris_Name">You better start running</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Chris_Text">This is obviously where a monster is going to spawn behind you and chase you.[br]This WOULD be a chase sequence, but behind this door is nothing. An incomprehensible void. [br]However, I will make sure you get out alive. Here's what you have to do;[br] 1. Pull the door open.[br] 2. Trust in the level editor(me), and jump.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Message">
<EntryName="MessageUno">Damn! I always wake up right before I find the plastic flamingo... Wait, this isn't my room. Where am I?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

I can't figure out why putting that in would make the entire file not work. Help would, again, be much appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 06:36 AM by Iyiyt.)
07-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Making a message show LANG file problem

You're missing a space between Entry and Name in your new entry. It should be "Entry Name" and you have "EntryName"

Hope that helped!

I rate it 3 memes.
07-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Find
Iyiyt Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Making a message show LANG file problem

(07-26-2012, 06:44 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: You're missing a space between Entry and Name in your new entry. It should be "Entry Name" and you have "EntryName"

Hope that helped!
Haha, yeah. That was it. I put the space in and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
07-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Find