Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What scared you most as a kid?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
What scared you most as a kid?

As the title suggests, I would like to know what scared you most as a child or (due to the nature of the people on this site) what scared you most in your life? Although I do LOVE scary games/movies I'd like this to be about scares branching from your life. Could be a story you read, a sight you saw (CHAINSAW!), or a sound you heard. So give me your worst, you sniveling babies.
Mine was an imaginary friend I had named Adam, who I invented to keep me company. Twas only a few weeks before the dreams began. They went by in sequences: First I was running down a dark twisting hallway of blues and blacks, him following far behind. He was a shadow with a crooked grin and piercing eyes. Then I was in an empty room with the same colors as the last. I was curled in a fetal position screaming at the horrible noises all around me. They stabbed into my very being. Later i was in my room, in the upper corner of my room, viewing myself in bed, with the same colors as the last time. Then I was in my own body, lying on my right side, staring across the room towards what looked like a plushy that was pure black and shaped like a little boy. It had a twisted grin. The room flashed and it was closer, again and it was closer. Finally it was standing right next to my bed -- staring without eyes. It reached out a single arm and stroked my face, saying "Good night."
Then the entire dream looped, and looped again. It just repeated over and over again for what literally felt like years! I then finally woke up to see the same plushy on the other end of my room. This dream freaked the shat out of me. But not as scary as the time my family went on a camping trip. One night everybody was playing cards, and I joined. Being horrible at cards I failed and being 7 I then left depressed and went to bed. I woke up half buried on the beach. I walked back staggering unable to think. When I finally got back they said I had run away. I've never really told them otherwise because I just decided to believe they were right. Though it's always been my dread if they're wrong.
So yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh. What was your scariest experience or thing that you feared most.
07-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8
RE: What scared you most as a kid?

[Image: Barney.jpg]
07-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

This one episode from Pingu.

Pingu was alone and there was this jaw-moving skull glacier thing. Scared the shit out of me before bedtime.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Silent Hill for the PSX, when I first played it at age 8 or 9. That was some seriously scary shit (had nightmares for days after the school level, which I didn't actually play; I was too scared after the first monster encounter to play it so my friend reluctantly played it instead. Apart from that, plenty of stuff.
07-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(07-28-2012, 12:28 AM)Harthex Wrote: [Image: Barney.jpg]

Wait for it.

Attached Files
.jpg   blumeenishtbrx.jpg (Size: 32.8 KB / Downloads: 277)
07-28-2012, 02:14 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Quote: [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=3217]
I saw it.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I used to have a very intense phobia of being left alone, this was partially do to the fact that I had an INCREDIBLY over active imagination and I was constantly trying to find more ways to scare the shit out of myself. Basically if I was left alone anywhere from when I was 8 to 9 for more than like 5 or 10 minutes I would have really intense panic attacks. Though obviously as you grow up you grow out of those sort of things and learn to suppress it, but... Recent events have made it somewhat resurface for me, obviously it's no where near as severe, but shit ain't fun man.

Posting Freak
07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Funnily enough what scared me most as a kid, was the Scarecrow from the old Batman: The Animated Series. I thought he was creepy as hell.

Besides that i don't really remember anything else that really scared me.
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

You might not believe it but...
THE RED LED FROM THE PS2.

listen to boards of canada
07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(07-28-2012, 05:21 PM)Braeden Wrote: Awesome, but there is some issue seems to be discussed yet. Actually, I read something about it
some where else but it seems to be contradictory.
I'm not sharing it right now coz can be considered disgusting. Let me share it with some friend and
I'll discuss it here.
regards

Um, okay?
07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Find