Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow
mrensayne Offline

Threads: 1
Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a story map but a "GAMETYPE" map. Don't know the difference? Feel free to find out. Big Grin

Who knew the Takeshi Honneycomb Maze (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRpmYwGevog) could be so scary...

(Simple yet effective Map with Script)

If you have any ideas feel free to give me some scripts and I can incorporate it into the level.

The Goal is to get to the room with the Key on the table and barricade yourself in.

Let me know what you think and if you can even beat it!

I honestly find this to be the scariest map due to it NOT being linear
and being completely player based decision making, often resulting in
running through rooms of doors in complete panic. Wink

Updated: Just removed some annoying obstacles. (The simpler the better really)

Attached Files
.zip   Takeshi Castle.zip (Size: 17.73 KB / Downloads: 222)
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM by mrensayne.)
07-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Find
mrensayne Offline

RE: Japanese Takeshi Castle Gameshow

Anyone have any feedback on it? :\
08-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

All I know of Takeshi's Castle is the WarCraft III mod, but I'll try this later and give you some feedback :]

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Find
mrensayne Offline

(08-01-2012, 06:59 AM)The Shanus Wrote: All I know of Takeshi's Castle is the WarCraft III mod, but I'll try this later and give you some feedback :]
I never knew that... Dodgy

I hope most of the people who viewed this thread but didn't try out the map didn't get confused with Warcraft. Confused It was meant to be a reference to this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRpmYwGevog

I honestly find this to be the scariest map due to it NOT being linear and being completely player based decision making, often resulting in running through rooms of doors in complete panic. Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM by mrensayne.)
08-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Pretty sure this has actually already been done in a few other stories.

Posting Freak
08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Website Find
mrensayne Offline

(08-01-2012, 09:28 AM)Kman Wrote: Pretty sure this has actually already been done in a few other stories.
Well, it was intended to be a game in itself separate of story line. Imagine trying to play a round of Halo online but before every match you have to play through a campaign level. Undecided

So I take it you didn't try it out because I am sure it is a bigger scale than a story map would do?
08-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Actually the warcraft mod was based on the gameshow, obviously, and had many different scenes from the game show, incorporated as you have done, but instead as a WCIII mod instead. You need to change it so that when you die, the map resets I believe, or something similar. Other than that it was fine, aside from the fact that the starting grunt didnt chase me.

08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Find
mrensayne Offline

(08-01-2012, 10:35 AM)The Shanus Wrote: Actually the warcraft mod was based on the gameshow, obviously, and had many different scenes from the game show, incorporated as you have done, but instead as a WCIII mod instead. You need to change it so that when you die, the map resets I believe, or something similar. Other than that it was fine, aside from the fact that the starting grunt didnt chase me.
If I can just figure how to script it so that it can reset all entities I could do that. I am sure one of you could spend a minute to add to the extremely simple script I have made and post it here for me to update. Please.

Also, that grunt in the beginning is a hallucination set to 2 (disappears when it is fairly close to you). Wink
I can imagine how many people would be stuck inside the starting room out of sheer frustration without realizing it isn't even real.

EDIT:
Did you actually beat it? (Get to the room with barricades and a key)
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM by mrensayne.)
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-01-2012, 10:34 AM)mrensayne Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 09:28 AM)Kman Wrote: Pretty sure this has actually already been done in a few other stories.
Well, it was intended to be a game in itself separate of story line. Imagine trying to play a round of Halo online but before every match you have to play through a campaign level. Undecided

So I take it you didn't try it out because I am sure it is a bigger scale than a story map would do?
Actually to be honest I didn't try it out because well... I just don't play custom stories anymore (or at least ones that don't look like they're very high quality) just cause I've played so many and gotten far enough into game design and mapping that most stories don't really impress me anymore. Not saying that your map is bad, just that I'm not too interested in it.

Posting Freak
08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Website Find
The Shanus Offline

Oh, well I just legged it past him :p Didnt find a key though, after watching that video I just ran round the outside. You need to fixsome of the mapping aswell, you have a long drop at the edges of the map instead of walls, so that it kills you, and perhaps using the trapdoor type thing instead of an actual door so that it swings both ways. Just resize it? Also, someone recently asked in the developement support about resetting the map, so look there. I'm not an advance scripter nor mapper, but I've messed around with it and know most of the relevant things. And it doesn't take a protege' to see some small flaws [:

08-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Find