Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Grimorium Verum
bagobonez Offline

Threads: 11
Grimorium Verum

GRIMORIUM VERUM - http://www.mediafire.com/?4v073qyhyfe56ms

A friend has discovered that Count Wilshire, the owner of a nearby mansion, has obtained a copy of the Grimorium Verum, an ancient black magic spellbook. You must investigate what the Count intends to do with it before all is lost...

Features:

*A plot and atmosphere driven custom story with a high attention to detail.

*No arbitrary "pewtie pie" jump scares

*A shape shifting maze

*Gorgeous outdoor areas

*Original voice acting

*Original sounds

*Music by Akira Yamaoka

*Approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay

[Image: 8z6Y0.jpg]

[Image: NifXp.jpg]

[Image: Ha5Bj.jpg]

[Image: Y5uHi.jpg]

Additional screenies

[Image: e1Gsx.jpg]
[Image: J8k2e.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 09:05 AM by bagobonez.)
08-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Grimorium Verum

I played through it, and here's what I thought:

There were a few clipping textures, though overall not too bad.

There were some areas which REALLY needed welders, particularly in the cellarbase area.

The story was ok, though it was HIGHLY reminiscent of the main game, both in character names and general premise.

Atmosphere was good overall, though despite using new music, I don't think it really fit with the environments. Billboards were done well, though the lighting was not too great, particularly due to the lack of point lights in association with spotlights from windows and such.

Overall I'd say a 7/10, it was good, but there are several points that could use improvement.

08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

What a pleasant surprise for a story. Good job.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Really nice custom story! Why did you name the characters this way though?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
bagobonez Offline

(08-01-2012, 06:46 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: What a pleasant surprise for a story. Good job.
Thanks! I was worried it would get bad reviews since it's my first CS!

(08-01-2012, 09:31 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: Really nice custom story! Why did you name the characters this way though?
Why did I name the characters what way? I kept the main character named Daniel because when I began making this, I wasn't sure if there might be some dialogue from the main game that I would borrow that would refer to the main character as Daniel, so I didn't want a conflict there. As for the others, it's just what came up when I was thinking of names.

(08-01-2012, 06:31 PM)Anxt Wrote: I played through it, and here's what I thought:

There were a few clipping textures, though overall not too bad.

There were some areas which REALLY needed welders, particularly in the cellarbase area.

The story was ok, though it was HIGHLY reminiscent of the main game, both in character names and general premise.

Atmosphere was good overall, though despite using new music, I don't think it really fit with the environments. Billboards were done well, though the lighting was not too great, particularly due to the lack of point lights in association with spotlights from windows and such.

Overall I'd say a 7/10, it was good, but there are several points that could use improvement.
Thanks... it was my first CS and the lab was one of the first areas I worked on. I suppose I could have gone back later and tried to improve things more as I got better at mapping. Out of curiosity, what areas had texture clipping? I could've sworn I looked at everything and haven't found any.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM by bagobonez.)
08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

*Looks at all the dead bodies*
Necrophilia, Fuck Yeah! (/O3O/
08-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

(08-01-2012, 10:45 PM)bagobonez Wrote: Thanks... it was my first CS and the lab was one of the first areas I worked on. I suppose I could have gone back later and tried to improve things more as I got better at mapping. Out of curiosity, what areas had texture clipping? I could've sworn I looked at everything and haven't found any.
Actually it was in the very first map, as soon as you wake up. Look at the floor to the left, just next to the wall. You have some overlapping floor planes.

08-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Find
bagobonez Offline

(08-02-2012, 02:31 AM)Anxt Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 10:45 PM)bagobonez Wrote: Thanks... it was my first CS and the lab was one of the first areas I worked on. I suppose I could have gone back later and tried to improve things more as I got better at mapping. Out of curiosity, what areas had texture clipping? I could've sworn I looked at everything and haven't found any.
Actually it was in the very first map, as soon as you wake up. Look at the floor to the left, just next to the wall. You have some overlapping floor planes.
Sure enough. Not sure how a little extra sliver of floor snuck in there. Unfortunately my level editor crashes every few seconds now so I probably won't be able to correct it.
08-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

I like it - I am now at the Tunnels. So far it's been pretty fun and tense. I like how (ABSOLUTE ENORMOUS SPOILER, FUTURE PLAYERS DON'T READ THIS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD)
Spoiler below!
so far there hasn't been any monsters (except the ignoring one in the lab.)
I think this map is going to be pretty long, I will probably finish it tomorrow. I have one complaint though, next time, put the level doors of the lab and living area on locked, it looks really amateur if you spawn in a very small room with only one locked door. You could've even put the wooden boards on the living area level door. And the orb room door (in the red area with the living area, laboratory and library level doors) doesn't say anything when you hover over it. Out of fear I didn't check if it was locked, because if it wasn't it would crash.

In general; pretty good map so far. I particulary like the story, it's pretty unique.
08-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

This one seems pretty good. Downloading it now, I'll give you my feedback after I finish it!

I want a Flugelhorn!
08-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Find