Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Oculus Rift Support
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5
RE: Oculus Rift Support

I discovered the rift really late, totally missed the howl thing. Big Grin After I informed myself about it my mind was blown. I always wanted to play with VR glasses and I thought this would take a few years more, but the rift is really promising. AAMFP would be soo amazing and I think even more frightening, but like Thomas said it's unlikely that it will be implemented. Sad So my hope is that the secret project will support it.
06-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Find
kdawgmaster Offline

Threads: 0

I think having no support for the oculus rift for this game is the wrong move. As it is theres a confirmed 6K+ orders for the rift. And if this horror game dosnt jump on this others will and this will be left in the dust. Im more then positive someone will develop a mod for it but still.

I feel and i know many others that would LOVE this game with rift support. I want the crap scared out of me.

I've already ordered my dev kit and cant wait. Even a simple game like minecraft will turn into something fantastic. As well L4D and L4D2 already have rift support along with dead space, and all these games just needed a minor change in the codec to get it to work with the display and head movement.
07-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(07-20-2013, 03:21 AM)kdawgmaster Wrote: I think having no support for the oculus rift for this game is the wrong move. As it is theres a confirmed 6K+ orders for the rift. And if this horror game dosnt jump on this others will and this will be left in the dust. Im more then positive someone will develop a mod for it but still.

I feel and i know many others that would LOVE this game with rift support. I want the crap scared out of me.

I've already ordered my dev kit and cant wait. Even a simple game like minecraft will turn into something fantastic. As well L4D and L4D2 already have rift support along with dead space, and all these games just needed a minor change in the codec to get it to work with the display and head movement.
Well for starters AAMFP nearing complete when the Rift was released/notified. Besides, Thomas said it himself that OR is not implemented. So, maybe the new Super Secret Project will support it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
07-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I don't think people understand how the OR works. It's not just a "plug and play". The engine must be coded around the goggles. AAMFP is not prepped to be re-written and it would take quite some time, which means a long delay. If ANYTHING, hope that it comes out in FG's secret project, not AAMFP.
07-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-20-2013, 09:00 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(07-20-2013, 03:21 AM)kdawgmaster Wrote: I think having no support for the oculus rift for this game is the wrong move. As it is theres a confirmed 6K+ orders for the rift. And if this horror game dosnt jump on this others will and this will be left in the dust. Im more then positive someone will develop a mod for it but still.

Well for starters AAMFP nearing complete when the Rift was released/notified. Besides, Thomas said it himself that OR is not implemented. So, maybe the new Super Secret Project will support it.

He can still think it's the wrong move, y'know? It doesn't matter what Thomas says, an opinion is an opinion.
07-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

Having oculus rift support for a hrorror game would be amazing. But It may be difficult to manouver and you'd need a lot of space so you don't brake anything while jumping ten feet in the air!

Still epic though...

- Inactive account -
07-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

As long as something like this is an option, not a requirement, I can't see why it would hurt it. If anything, you're benefiting both sides.
07-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

As long as it doesn't take initial development time away from the non-rift version, then it wouldn't hurt. As it stands, the dev kit isn't a good solution for gaming, and if the owners number in thousands rather than hundreds of thousands, then it just isn't worth it. It's a phenomenal and exciting experience, but it's a long way from being in the market position that Oculus would have you think it is, and I say that with a good deal of respect for them, I think it'll get there but it's not there yet.

Developing a good integration for the rift is a serious challenge. For some games it's simpler than others, but it doesn't get more complicated than a game that has visible first person body models (like the arm for the lantern) and object manipulation like in Amnesia games. A bad integration is ruinous to the sense of presence that a game might be trying to achieve, and given FG's focus on creating as strong a sense of presence as possible, it's safe to say that they aren't going to release a game with rift support that hasn't had a lot of development resource dedicated to working out a good UI/control scheme designed specifically for the rift.

I wouldn't lament a lack of rift support for AMFP, I trust FG & chineseroom to make the right call on it, whichever way they go.

07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Phayton14 Offline

Threads: 0
Oculus Rift integration?

Does anyone know if they are going to add in Oculus capabilities for this game? Or will it need to be modded and stuff like Skyrim?
08-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

RE: Oculus Rift integration?

Already been discussed.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sea...order=desc
08-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Find