Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who wants to play Amnesia with me?
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Who wants to play Amnesia with me?

Alright I don't want to see this go back and forth and people to insult. So bridge, what Robosprog means is that he thinks you are lying about not getting affected by the internet. He does not believe you.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 04:05 AM by Damascus Rose.)
08-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8

(08-07-2012, 04:01 AM)lolmaster Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 03:04 AM)Harthex Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:51 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Then read your own post, you'll understand soon enough.

youre such a troll. lol
He makes a valid point and you call him a troll?

I'm not getting in to this, but what you're saying doesn't add up.

this is the worst way you could "get into this".
i said lol at the end because he posted the same thing instead of dumbing it down because he was confused.
his valid point isn't making sense for him and he says the same thing he doesnt understand.
why is everyone so serious on the forums? why not reply something like lol and make friends like every other place i go.
08-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-07-2012, 04:25 AM)Harthex Wrote: why is everyone so serious on the forums? why not reply something like lol and make friends like every other place i go.
A few reasons I believe. Partly because it's an older audience with more mature members. Also when you join it's pretty evident that these forums don't take trolling or any other shit too kindly, kinda a hard-assed environment. Which I think is good, people can share their valuable opinions and ideas and people aren't as much like 'ur fkn stupid m8 gtfo wif ur dumazz ideeas' as elsewhere.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Find
rin27844 Offline

Threads: 1

(08-04-2012, 06:01 AM)LD1E60 Wrote: I'm your age and I will play Amnesia w/ U if you get Ventrilo. my vent name is Rin27844. message me so I can get you the server name

I will play Amnesia w/ U if you get Ventrilo. my vent name is Rin27844. message me so I can get you the server name.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 05:37 AM by rin27844.)
08-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-07-2012, 04:04 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Alright I don't want to see this go back and forth and people to insult. So bridge, what Robosprog means is that he thinks you are lying about not getting affected by the internet. He does not believe you.
I'm not so dense that I don't know what he was trying to say, but it isn't what I was getting at at all. What he said was:

robosprog Wrote:This is what everyone says, then about half an hour later you see them getting pissed off.

What I said was: I don't go cry in a corner and cut my wrists because someone criticizes me on the internet. However, nobody is immune to idiots and everybody gets pissed off because it's natural.

I asked several times what point he was trying to make in response to my post and the only thing he did was stubbornly tell me to read my own post again. I believe whenever someone who isn't illiterate tells you your post is non-sequitural, take a second to consider whether it truly is before you start being so defensive, especially when the other person isn't being an asshole about it.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 04:08 PM by Bridge.)
08-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Find
rin27844 Offline

Threads: 1

I think CoD just makes voices high and squeaky . Little kids that are like in 3rd grade that yell at their moms play that game to make themselves look cool Dodgy ,while making the entire game not cool. So I just try to gravitate myself away from that game and stick to the Indie Horror games that make you a man! Or Woman in my case lol.
(No offence to people over 14 that play CoD)

(08-04-2012, 07:30 PM)LD1E60 Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 06:17 PM)HateSolstice Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 09:39 AM)Traggey Wrote: Alright now, this thread is getting plenty wierd. Keep it clean or I'm closing this.
This is the internet. It's weird by default.
lol

(08-04-2012, 10:39 AM)Robosprog Wrote: "Heey kids!"

To be honest, quite a few people here won't like playing with a young kid, because not only what they expect of your maturity and attitude at that age, but also because they'll think you'll be squeaky.

I think that saying all kids are squeakys stupid - I have a deeper voice than most of the people twice my age, so.. yeah. It's probably better getting a friend or something with you instead of searching online.
The thing is that between my friends Im one of the few with a decent pc and the only one that actually knows this game, most my friends prefer to play COD on consoles rather than play some horror indie game on PC. -.-

BTW my voice is not squeaky either... so yeah, thats a pretty stupid though.
I think CoD just makes voices high and squeaky . Little kids that are like in 3rd grade that yell at their moms play that game to make themselves look cool Dodgy ,while making the entire game not cool. So I just try to gravitate myself away from that game and stick to the Indie Horror games that make you a man! Or Woman in my case lol.
(No offence to people over 14 that play CoD)

look at my new post on ventrilo and clan situations. that might be able to help you out
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM by rin27844.)
08-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-07-2012, 04:05 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 04:04 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Alright I don't want to see this go back and forth and people to insult. So bridge, what Robosprog means is that he thinks you are lying about not getting affected by the internet. He does not believe you.
I'm not so dense that I don't know what he was trying to say, but it isn't what I was getting at at all. What he said was:

' Wrote:This is what everyone says, then about half an hour later you see them getting pissed off.

What I said was: I don't go cry in a corner and cut my wrists because someone criticizes me on the internet. However, nobody is immune to idiots and everybody gets pissed off because it's natural.

I asked several times what point he was trying to make in response to my post and the only thing he did was stubbornly tell me to read my own post again. I believe whenever someone who isn't illiterate tells you your post is non-sequitural, take a second to consider whether it truly is before you start being so defensive, especially when the other person isn't being an asshole about it.
Actually, for those kids who are far more mature than their age group, maybe it is a good idea to lie about their age. They can just tell people the age that their maturity level amounts to. People don't get any respect unless they show others that they deserve it, but few people are willing to pay attention to those they consider "too young" to be in a certain community, discussing a topic, or many others. So many people base their opinions on stereotypes; it could be that all 12 year-olds are fucking annoying or that anyone who enjoys MLP has issues.
If what you're saying is that people who just want to participate in activities they know they're suited for and do so by harmlessly lying are cowards, than how does that make you any different from those who regard all people not 17 or older as brats? In most cases, it's actually best for a child to not give away true information about themselves. We all know the internet is a mass collection of varying people and opinions. We all know that many of those people are not to be trusted with any sort of information that gives them any sort of leverage over another person.

Crap, why has this thread turned into this?
Hmm, perhaps that's partly my fault.
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Robosprog Wrote:Er, no you didn't. "
Lying is for cowards. I've been using the internet for like 7-8 years and have never lied about my age. It was fairly unpleasant at times but the end result is that now I am practically immune to criticism and idle threats from the denizens of this wonderful invention."

And if you can't read still, I was proving a point. I got you frustrated, you said you were immune, I proved you wrong. End of.

Immune to criticism. Nobody was talking about getting frustrated but you.
08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-07-2012, 06:08 PM)Bridge Wrote:
' Wrote:Er, no you didn't. "
Lying is for cowards. I've been using the internet for like 7-8 years and have never lied about my age. It was fairly unpleasant at times but the end result is that now I am practically immune to criticism and idle threats from the denizens of this wonderful invention."

And if you can't read still, I was proving a point. I got you frustrated, you said you were immune, I proved you wrong. End of.

Immune to criticism. Nobody was talking about getting frustrated but you.
But isn't criticism more than petty insults? If you're immune to criticism, doesn't that make you incapable of seeing your own fault through the eyes of others, thus taking the necessary steps towards bettering oneself?
08-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I see immune to criticism as being moreso "ignores criticism" and that's because I think of criticism as a positive thing.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Find