Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating my first model
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20
Creating my first model

So I've created a very basic table, but the modelview kept crashing on me. So I've added a simple wood texture, but it didn't work out that great. The modelling program I am using is 3ds Max. Here is (almost) all the information you need in one picture. It's a big picture, you've been warned.

So I'm not sure what the problem is. The texture file I am using is a .jpg and I got it from here. So I guess it has something to do with 3ds Max? Is Maya better for Amnesia modelling? Or did I just make a huge fail by forgetting something? Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012, 03:59 PM by ApeCake.)
08-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Creating my first model

Well to start off with that texture looks horribad, I suggest unwraping your model and then creating the texture ontop of the UV.

Your problem is the .jpg file, you need to make sure that it's scaled in the power of two, for example 512 X 512 or 1024 X 1024 pixels. Once that's done, you need to get yourself a .DDS plugin for whichever image editor you're using and export it as a .dds file.
08-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Find