Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Newbie Model/Texture Importing To Amnesia Problems
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Newbie Model/Texture Importing To Amnesia Problems

(08-05-2012, 06:41 PM)The Shanus Wrote: I still have no idea where to find the material as a seperate file. Statyk says it's in a folder which does not exist because I have not created it yet?

If the ModelView program doesn't generate one for you, you can create your own using the Material Editor.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(08-05-2012, 06:41 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 06:22 PM)Traggey Wrote: No the diffuse is not part of the dae, you need to have the textures the materials and the DAE file in the folder you're exporting to, also the diffuse applied to the model in Max must be the one located within your custom model folder otherwise it will not load properly.
I still have no idea where to find the material as a seperate file. Statyk says it's in a folder which does not exist because I have not created it yet?
Upon downloading the leveleditor.exe you also get a few more tools, two of these tools are the materialeditor.exe and the modeleditor.exe you'll need to use both of these programs.

The materialeditor.exe is the tool you'll use to create your material, simply assign your texture in the diffuse slot and save it out under the same name as the diffuse map, but with a .mat extension instead.
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

Right, if its created after I go into modelview, its not a problem. As of now, I can't get into modelview with my model and I'm not sure why. I'll get the new 3ds Max and test it before I ask for any more troubleshooting.

Edit: Still on 3ds Max 9, did what you said with the material editor. I have no .ent file for opening in the modeleditor.exe. Is this a problem? Do I need a .ent file now? Or is it created later? After doing what you said in the material editor the modelview.exe still crashes.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012, 08:09 PM by The Shanus.)
08-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Spoiler below!
[Image: metaldesktrouble.png]

This is what I have in the folder. Take a look at where the folder is at the top, what is wrong? p: I cannot open the .dae in ModelView.exe - This seems to be where I have to go before anything else, unless I need a .ent file, which I'm not sure how I'm to create or whatnot.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012, 11:04 PM by The Shanus.)
08-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

The modelview does have a log, which for me is saved in the root folder of amnesia. Check it to see if any errors show when opening the .dae. ".Ent" files are not required, they tell the engine wheter the model have physics or not.

Checklist for crashes:
1) Is the model Triangulated?
2) Is the image file (the texture) named the same name as the one assigned in the modeling program?
3) Any bones in the model may cause crashes.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012, 04:15 AM by Acies.)
08-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-06-2012, 04:15 AM)Acies Wrote: The modelview does have a log, which for me is saved in the root folder of amnesia. Check it to see if any errors show when opening the .dae. ".Ent" files are not required, they tell the engine wheter the model have physics or not.

Checklist for crashes:
1) Is the model Triangulated?
2) Is the image file (the texture) named the same name as the one assigned in the modeling program?
3) Any bones in the model may cause crashes.
The first one, I didn't know of. I guess from what you're saying it has to be Triangulated, so I'll see about doing that. (If I can't find out how I'll have to ask one of you I'm afraid p: ) For number 2, I'm not sure how it could not be the same name, as it is the same file? And I haven't used any bones, no clue I had to! But thanks for your answer, I'll try it again now. I haven't found any tutorials, or easily followable ones regarding getting models from 3ds Max into Amnesia, so excuse my perpetual questioning, if you will.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012, 08:31 AM by The Shanus.)
08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Okay, so now using 3DS Max 2013, I could export the file as .DAE, on 3DS Max 9, it was Autodesk .FXB, .DAE - Instead of Autodesk COLLADA. This seems to have been the problem, I just have to figure out now why the texture preview in 2013 isn't working properly. My model loaded fine in the ModelView, how ever, so thanks for your help

08-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Find