Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Flickering

I'm not sure how to create certain layouts without also causing the flickering of overlapping textures. One example is the door-way / door-frame / door structure, which are basically three different things stacked on top of each other. The door-way static object is necessary in order to make the border around the door fit, in terms of length (x or z) and height (y), with the walls around it; but the door-way is far larger than the door Entity, so the door-frame (which is smaller) needs to be created inside the doorway, and then the door Entity can be fitted perfectly, although sometimes for some reason I need to reduce the scale of the door from 1 to 0.95 in all three directions in order for the door to be opened.

The end result is that I get flickering between the door-way and door-frame, which looks extremely annoying. Is there any way to fix this flickering at all? I don't really want to remove the door-frame or door-way because then I get gaps between the walls and door which look terrible. I also sometimes get strange flickering with concave castle walls, and that's because I have to stack a default wall within the concave wall in order to make everything align perfectly.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Flickering

Modify the positions slightly along either the X or Z axes, or use some well-placed welders.

08-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Find