Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Emil and Daniel
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
Emil and Daniel

Hello everyone,

I hope there isn't a thread about this already. If so, please tell me!

I've read a lot about The Dark Descent on the wiki page and Remember.
There are two timeline things that just don't make sense to me.

The first one is about Wilhelm, House of Gerich. According to Remember, he worked for Alexander from 1702 to 1704. This means that Wilhelm and his men drank the poisonous wine that year. How come you can see their intestines lying on the floor when you play the game, if it's 135 years later? Is this just Daniel's imagination, or are these other people's intestines?

The second one is similar. According to Remember, the Zimmerman farmhand, Emil, is arrested by Wilhelm for setting a shed on fire, and killing Mr. Zimmerman. He's probably innocent, but that is beside my point. Again, it is Daniel who hears flashbacks about someone whom I can only assume is Emil.

(These quotes might not be entirely correct, I'm relying on my horrible memory)
Flashback 1:
Man:"I don't deserve this! Do I deserve this? Why did he have to go in there? You don't go in burning houses.."

Flashback 2:
Man: "I swear, I didn't do it!"
Alexander: "Hush it, you!"
Man: "You, you are a man! How can you partake in this?"
Daniel: "Is.. he alright?"
Alexander: "He is one of the wicked. Don't pay his lies any attention."
Man: "But I'm innocent! Please!"
Alexander: "He set a man on fire."
Daniel: "That's horrible."

For Daniel to be able to have these flashbacks, he has to have met the man. How could he meet Emil, if again, all of these events happened 135 years before? Is this man not Emil?

Again, if there's already a thread on this, please let me know.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
08-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Emil and Daniel

Alexander may have "farmed" Emil; i.e. feed him some vitae, keep Emil alive longer to torture to get more Vitae for himself, etc.

As for Vilhelm, maybe the air or some chemical substance down in the Wine Cellar kept human organs preserved for extended periods of time. What's more unrealistic is the fact that in the flashback, all of Vilhelm's men were speaking english. "Alexander, you piece of shit!" <-- SO 1700s speak

[Image: p229xcq]
08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(08-07-2012, 11:46 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Alexander may have "farmed" Emil; i.e. feed him some vitae, keep Emil alive longer to torture to get more Vitae for himself, etc.

As for Vilhelm, maybe the air or some chemical substance down in the Wine Cellar kept human organs preserved for extended periods of time. What's more unrealistic is the fact that in the flashback, all of Vilhelm's men were speaking english. "Alexander, you piece of shit!" <-- SO 1700s speak

It's actually mid 1800's "speak".

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

(08-07-2012, 11:46 PM)Chronofox Wrote: What's more unrealistic is the fact that in the flashback, all of Vilhelm's men were speaking english. "Alexander, you piece of shit!" <-- SO 1700s speak
Really. THAT'S most unrealistic to you?

Anyway, where did you get the idea that vitae can keep people alive? Is there some kind of source, because I've never heard of this before Huh

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
08-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Again, it is Daniel who hears flashbacks about someone whom I can only assume is Emil.
Quote: Is this man not Emil?
I think you answered your own question.

As for the guts in the wine cellar, I believe those were fresh-ish corpses, so it couldn't have been Wilhelm. Grunts are known for leaving random body parts laying around. Which means there could have been a grunt down there.

Food for thought.

As for the flashbacks, I don't think all of them are Daniel's. Maybe the shadow has some kind of effect on Daniel's memory? Specifically, the Events in the wine cellar took place before Daniel was even born, so he couldn't have witnessed it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Thank you for your reply.
I didn't know grunts left body parts lying around. Then it might have been the one you see when entering that other room in the wine cellar.

And you're right, maybe not all the flashbacks are from Daniel.

08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Find