Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of HPL questions
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
A couple of HPL questions

1. Is there a way to figure out which objects in the HPL editor are from other custom stories and which ones aren't? I first noticed this when stuff from Dark Room appeared in the editor; I believe I also have Through the Portal stuff since that's a full conversion mod whose contents I copypasted into my redist folder. Also, were there six different types of keys in the original Amnesia? In my editor there's a Laboratory key, a Study key, a Tomb key, a Rusted Tomb key, a torture chamber key, and a tower key.

2. When finishing a custom story (not full conversion) can you just RAR the folder and upload it onto the Internet, or are there further steps that need to be taken?

[Image: p229xcq]
08-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: A couple of HPL questions

1. Well, if they're within their own folders, then don't use those objects. If you've already used them and aren't certain which ones they are in your map, then you're bound to figure them out when other people are playing your story. As a last resort, you could back-up your stories and their content and then do a clean install of Amnesia.

2. Assuming you have everything organized within that one folder (unlike the custom stories you've mentioned in #1), then yes, you can just archive that one folder.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Website Find