Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Error
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Custom Story Error

Hello. I have begun development on a custom story, and I'm experiencing an error. Whenever I try to test the story, it will not show up on the custom stories list. Other installed stories have experienced the error, but solved. Is there any way to fix this?

Additional Information: I've tried fixes from previous threads, reinstalled, made sure everything was okay, and the other stories installed are working fine.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Custom Story Error

Usually a custom_story_settings.cfg problem, you probably misspelled the name of either the map or the start area.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Find
Lizard Offline

Threads: 23

If everything in custom_story_settings.cfg is rights, you just need to reload your profile in the game, and then it pops up

Works for me

CURRENT PROJECT:
A Fathers Secret == Just started
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 08:46 AM by Lizard.)
08-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Find
Fearlessagent Offline

Threads: 2

Be sure you have all of these options with correct values in custom_story_settings.cfg:

<Main
            Name = "My Custom Story Name"
            Author = "The Guy Who Made This"
            MapsFolder = "MapDirectory/"
            StartMap = "StartMap.map"
            StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
    />

You should be sure to change everything in quotes (especially the last 3) to match your situation. Be sure your .hps file has the same name as the map it goes with (ie. StartMap.map goes with StartMap.hps). Make sure you have set a Player Start Area (special area type in the editor), and it is the same name that is in this file. Also, make sure you don't have missing quotes or other symbols that you see here.

custom_story_settings.cfg should be located in your custom story folder's root.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 08:27 PM by Fearlessagent.)
08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Find