Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Thread
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
Music Thread

Any devs looking for good custom music for their campaign? One of the bands / Authors I would start with are :

Nox Aracna
Gothic, mostly instrumental, music. From eerie to calm, to murderous.
This is an example of their Calm yet ominous tracks.

And this exhibits one of their down right ominous tracks

• Yuki Kajiura
This author is a tricky one, because most of her work is uplifted; but she does provide with some orchestrated eerie music aswell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5IBNfTVyDI

• The album Celor Sapte Laude
(I highly recommend subscribing to that website, it has ginormous amount of great authors and bands)

P.S:
EVERY SOUNDTRACK FROM HIGURAHI
I am not kidding, every single One.

That's some of my suggestions for you guys, Share your best! May we all have great music to display to enrich our campaigns. I'm sure any of you campaign-cleaners are tired of the same soundtracks.

Note: Non-copyrighted music is advised to be used.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 12:58 PM by Solipsist.)
08-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Find
Eliphas Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Music Thread

Uh. Sounds like a great idea if I understand well, but obviously the Staff wants to avoid that custom stories contain elements over which Frictional games have no right. Including 3D Models and Music mainly, from what I understood.
08-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yes I'd strongly advice against using copyrighted music in your custom stories.

I'm moving this thread to the development forum.
08-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Find
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5

I see, that makes sense. However, the website Magnatune offers their music with a license. It's totally legit to use those sounds in according to the license of that particular album, I believe only if the project is commercial, i.e; you make money out of it, you require a certain license. I do not think they demand a commercial-license for educational purposes and such.

Regardless of that, if anyone has any free-to-use audio files, feel free to share.

08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I usually just use Kevin Macleod's. Using for stuff, which is why I ended up finding someone to make a soundtrack for me Tongue

Posting Freak
08-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Website Find