Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

12:01
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
12:01

12:01 is one of my favourite short films. It's similar to Groundhog Day, though rather sad and a lot darker. In fact I'd say it's far scarier than Amnesia if this type of thing actually happened IRL. No medium of horror currently compares.

So, what would you guys do if you got stuck in some length of time, doomed forever to repeat even if you killed yourself? What would you tell your family, friends, and peers? How would you learn to cope with it?

[Image: p229xcq]
08-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: 12:01

Dammit Mr. Forman, get it together!

*Ahem* I would not classify this as horror; quite frankly I don't see how you could compare it with Amnesia, let alone say it is scarier. If both were to happen, I wouldn't even think twice about marking Amnesia up as scarier; at least you'd be aware of your situation in the 12:01 scenario, but you have amnesia in ...oh, so that's why it is named that... Amnesia.

Anyways, to cope with the lifestyle presented in 12:01, I'd live out my daily life until I eventually turned insane and went on a massive killing spree every day, which would bare no repercussions (as you said, even if you die time will turn back).

I rate it 3 memes.
08-15-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Particularly because the idea of being stuck in this eternal time warp would break done my mind and make my sanity drop to "..." faster than anything in Amnesia would.

Like, if I was being chased by a Brute down a long narrow hallway, I'd know that I'd be free from the terror once he stabbed me to death. But in a time warp it's a eternity of the same thing over and over again, and that's just disturbing and unsettling.

08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-15-2012, 04:10 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Like, if I was being chased by a Brute down a long narrow hallway, I'd know that I'd be free from the terror once he stabbed me to death. But in a time warp it's a eternity of the same thing over and over again, and that's just disturbing and unsettling.
Imagine the fun you could have with the time warping scenario once you realized there's nothing you could do and you sincerely stopped caring! With no repercussions for you actions you could do literally anything. Wanna go kill people? Knock off a bank? Learn Karate by practicing on random people you pass on the street? Initially it would be hard to cope with, but after that I really don't see a negative side.

Death is a permanent thing, generally feared by everyone at one point or another; knowing you'd be okay no matter what you do isn't very frightening, at least to me.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

It's the very concept of eternity that honestly frightens me. The only reason why I do anything that I do - be it studying, listening to music, playing games, writing stories, etc. - is because I know that the time in which I am conscious is limited, and I want to achieve as much as possible so that on the day I die, I can look back and remember all the good times and die with satisfaction, knowing that life was worth living.

Not so with being stuck in a time warp forever. Yes, you can be hedonistic and do whatever you want - note that there's a one hour period between you karate kicking that guy and experiencing the time warp again, so you could very likely be beaten back within an inch of your life - but what is life worth then? It scares me to not live for....something. If I ever believe that life is truly worthless, it's a kind of mental anguish and turmoil that slowly breaks me down as I come to that realization.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012, 05:28 AM by Froge.)
08-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Find