Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Edit Amnesia Launcher?
CrazyKilla Offline

Threads: 6
How to Edit Amnesia Launcher?

Hello, im CrazyKilla

I am creating a mod, and i wanted to make a extra button in the amnesia launcher, that has my mod's name on it, and i can launch it from the launcher, just like the game itself and "Justine", i managed to change the words "Launch Game" to "Awesome" But cannot find how to add a button or how to change justine or anything... help please, this might be hard to answer.
08-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: How to Edit Amnesia Launcher?

You'll pretty much need a new launcher.exe

Which uh, I don't think is doable without the source code.
08-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(08-15-2012, 04:50 PM)Traggey Wrote: You'll pretty much need a new launcher.exe

Which uh, I don't think is doable without the source code.
Without the source code, you won't be able to modify the launcher.exe. If it would be available, it might be possible, but without it, you can't make any work on the launcher.exe.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Website Find
CrazyKilla Offline

Says you two... i managed to get the source code of the launcher and i am editing right now, interested in my mod?: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-dark-n...stom-story
full release is on september
08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

(08-16-2012, 08:35 AM)CrazyKilla Wrote: Says you two... i managed to get the source code of the launcher and i am editing right now, interested in my mod?: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-dark-n...stom-story
We said you couldn't do it WITHOUT the source code, so yeah. We were correct.

And no, I can't say I'm interested in a mod that has to replace my launcher.exe, that's worse than a non-isolated full conversion.

And where the fudge did you get the source code for that..?
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 09:02 AM by Traggey.)
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(08-16-2012, 09:00 AM)Traggey Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 08:35 AM)CrazyKilla Wrote: Says you two... i managed to get the source code of the launcher and i am editing right now, interested in my mod?: http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-dark-n...stom-story

We said you couldn't do it WITHOUT the source code, so yeah. We were correct.

And no, I can't say I'm interested in a mod that has to replace my launcher.exe, that's worse than a non-isolated full conversion.

And where the fudge did you get the source code for that...

It's not replacing anything, it's just adding a simple button on the launcher which shows that this is not some waste of time someone thought of and put it in the custom story list like most other custom stories, (Im not saying other custom stories are bad)

And how i got the source code? that's not easy to explain and required me a lot of work
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM by CrazyKilla.)
08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

That doesn't sound legal one bit.
08-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Find
CrazyKilla Offline

(08-16-2012, 10:00 AM)Traggey Wrote: That doesn't sound legal one bit.

Well then if it's illegal why not say it straight away?

just downloaded some free programs, some managed to take launcher.exe appart, some managed to view it's files, some managed to read them, but the program i got where i said "Says you two" doesn't save it properly and the launcher doesn't turn on anymore, but it does have things like "main_init.cfg" and "ptest" and "Justine" and "Launch game", people can't make good programs at all...

i got it! im going to download update 1.2 that installs the justine expansion, i will install it into a empty folder and see what they did in that update, which should be things like what dll files they edited to make launcher have "justine", or how they added the expansion...

zlibwapi.dll was the only dll file edited in the 1.2 update, any ideas?

also found out that amnesia was created by Microsoft Visual C++ unless they like putting it in their code
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM by CrazyKilla.)
08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

In other words, you reversed engineered the launcher. Note, even adding a button is replacing the launcher, as i doubt you'll go through the hassle of replacing all my shortcuts to the Amnesia launcher. I normally don't play custom stories anyway, but this would definitely be a reason not to play your custom story. Custom stories should not be replacing the original Amnesia files.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

You're reverse engineering the content brah, dat shit ain't legal.

Stop at once.
08-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Find