Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Custom Story
TheGilgameshZocker Offline

Threads: 11
New Custom Story

Hi, guys! I am currently making a custom story for amnesia.
Now I want to ask you who would like to test it.
I mean as a beta tester. It's still in work, so you can't play it yet, but I'll release it before Machine for Pigs comes out of course.
The custom story has 3 chapters. I finished chapter 1 and I'm working on chapter 2.
If you wanna see some screenshots: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfjmk3o3ra2jg4s

And I have put in there some custom soundtracks (composed by me) and advanced soundtracks from the amnesia original (like the pathetic theme "08_amb.ogg")
If you wanna check out the changed (only inserted a few sounds like brute/grunt/burning red from penumbra overture slowed down/...) 08_amb.ogg theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVxTJT4MyQ

My custom story is currently on german because it's the language which I have grown up with, but I will translate it to English, e.g. there will be a german and an english version.

So, if you wanna be a beta tester, you have to write me your name (preferred YouTube channelname) and which language you wanna play with down. Of course beta tester will have part in the credits too. Big Grin One last thing, the length of the custom story will correspond to the amnesia the dark descent original.

Sorry if my english syntax isn't that good Confused
08-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: New Custom Story

I highly doubt anyone wants to download something just to see screenshots. Go upload them to imgur.com or something and post links to them, or attach them directly to the thread.

Also, no offense, but that music you linked to raped my ears. Its in no way an improvement (in my opinion) and I think it's a bit funny you consider the original 08_amb to be "pathetic." I will say this, though: Mikko Tarmia deserves more respect than that. His music for both Amnesia and Penumbra is not only very well made, but also a large part of what makes the games' atmospheres so frightening and unnerving. Saying his work is "pathetic," while it may be your opinion, is very rude and ultimately disrespectful.

That scream near the end of your "advanced" version of 08_amb is downright comical.

08-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(08-16-2012, 05:05 PM)TheGilgameshZocker Wrote: (like the pathetic theme "08_amb.ogg")
What have you done to 08_amb.ogg!!? Sick twisted child. You'll burn for this. You'll BURN for this!!!

-Father David

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Yeah, it has been irreparably butchered. My ears bled. Baby bunnies died.

08-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I think you can tell the quality of a custom story from the quality of the creator's musical tastes.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

23 MB zip file for a bunch of screenshots? *grumblegrumble*
Okay, my download finished, let's give some feedback ^^
Now on most of the screens I could barely see anything because they were so extremely dark. You might want to have at least a faint box light, or, if the pitch black darkness is intentional, brighten the screenshots a little.
But even where I could make something out, your levels still look pretty empty...so there's really not much to give feedback about. (what can you say about the quality of an empty room or a single asset shrouded in darkness? Wink )
I think the screenshot I like the most is the candle-lit staircase. It has a mysterious atmosphere about it...
The library is nice too, but it looks a bit too "uniform" right now, with everything being so perfectly aligned. You might want to add some randomness to the books, hide the tiling texture of the floor with a carpet or something, maybe put some book piles next to the shelves or some candeliers...
Quote: (like the pathetic theme "08_amb.ogg")
...umm...I don't think "pathetic" means what you think it means. It's not the correct translation of "pathetisch" (that would be maybe "lofty" or "sublime"), it actually means "erbärmlich". I guess that's why some people here felt offended by your post Wink
08-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Find