Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy pushing over gate instead of attacking it
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Enemy pushing over gate instead of attacking it

How can I get an enemy to push open a door rather than break it open? I have a Suitor that I want to walk through the elevator_door gates without attacking it. Unlike most other swing doors, the player can simply push it open by walking against it, but the enemy still attacks it anyway. I thought it would be possible by making SetSwingDoorClosed false for it, but that ends up just setting it wide open to begin with.

[SOLVED] In my chapter I've placed a lock that you must use acid on. It then changes to an acid padlock and breaks immediately (set to 0 health). My problem is that after this, if you leave the map and come back in, the door is closed and the acid padlock is back on again at full health, with no way to break it again. I've tried making it set inactive under OnEnter(), but that doesn't seem to do anything. How can I either keep the lock broken after changing maps, or remove the broken lock altogether?

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM by Damascus.)
08-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Broken lock reappearing after level change

Is "FullGameSave" checked under "Entity"?

08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: Enemy pushing over gate instead of attacking it

No, it wasn't.

Wow. I'm dumb. Thanks for the help. Tongue

I've updated my first post cause I just found a new problem, but don't want to make a new thread for it so soon.

08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20

(08-16-2012, 09:10 PM)Damascus Wrote: No, it wasn't.

Wow. I'm dumb. Thanks for the help. Tongue

I've updated my first post cause I just found a new problem, but don't want to make a new thread for it so soon.
I did a similar script - instead of the enemy opening the door, he literally runs it down - by positioning an area at the side of the door the enemy will approach it, you can have the door break, open, close, etc, by use of script.
Worked for me!

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
08-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

A scriptarea that collides with the monster in front of the door, and then either:

SetSwingDoorClosed
or
AddPropForce/Impulse

Trying is the first step to success.
08-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Find