Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

POLITICS
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
POLITICS

Since I think that the political spectrum is severely inadequate in describing one's political views, I prefer to express my opinions as a cartesian plane instead.

What are your political viewpoints on social or economic issues?

[Image: p229xcq]
08-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: POLITICS

please no

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Oh..this will end better than the sexuality thread >Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

opinions plz

post them

08-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-16-2012, 11:45 PM)Chronofox Wrote: opinions plz

post them
This world is filled to the brim with selfish and corrupt politicians who couldn't care less about others, and care about themselves. I don't have to take a political science course to know that politics are a fools game, and a losing bet in this world.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Don't really care, to be honest. I'll let the politicians handle politics. So long as I can sit on my computer, I will remain to be apathetic towards politics.

08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Thought there'd be more interest in the topic with the upcoming election in the states.

(Which I do not live in, but I still have interest)

08-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(08-16-2012, 11:48 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 11:45 PM)Chronofox Wrote: opinions plz

post them
This world is filled to the brim with selfish and corrupt politicians who couldn't care less about others, and care about themselves. I don't have to take a political science course to know that politics are a fools game, and a losing bet in this world.

This, I don't feel like voting on any swedish politician.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah dude sorry, but you just don't discuss politics on the internet. Almost never will somebody actually change their mind as a result of debating about it and the only thing you have afterwards is a 20-page long thread and a bunch of pissed off people. But in case this does turn out to be a civil discussion about politics: I'm an anarchist because I have no faith in any type of government. Maybe if the best interests of the people were top priority I would support it, but anytime unfettered power is given to people who don't give a shit about whatever the country in question is, there will be corruption and normal people will suffer. A place where people are coerced into paying a large sum of their total income for protection and are then liable to arrest for non-negotiable totally arbitrary reasons is not a democracy. It's not designed to make your life easier at all, it's a way to make extortion legal. You don't have any choice because if you say "no" everything you own gets taken away from you or you get thrown in jail, and there are no countries with stable living conditions where there is no government. But I try not to think about it too much; I'm quite content just living aloof.

Quick example (I assume you live in Sweden so you know what I'm talking about): You suddenly have an inexplicable unsatiable desire to buy <>. After some research you find out it isn't available in your country so you turn to amazon/ebay/whatever and decide to import it. Instead of the government keeping its greedy nose out of business between two third parties it not only adds import duties and tolls (for items such as musical instruments it's often more than 50%) it also adds "service fees" and VAT so that you are paying for 2.5 items and getting only one. A pathetic attempt to try to limit all business to domestic business, and all of this just to keep its sloppy gears running so that it has a reason to exist, so that the people at the top can get slightly more money.

EDIT: You guys in the States don't have to deal with this of course but this is common in Scandinavia. I can't really talk about U.S. government (or Swedish, Norwegian or Danish, for that matter) because I haven't lived under any U.S. administration recently but this kind of stuff happens here. Proof? A few years ago here in Iceland a small group of people (aided by certain government officials) took off with a shitload of money (still unrecovered) invested by Britain and the Netherlands. It singlehandedly sunk our economy and made the aforementioned countries angry with us, making ridiculous requests of our government and demanding they be paid back (the people would have to pay for it, of course). All of this was possible because of the people ostensibly representing the people (who of course got nice handouts). It doesn't matter that they were put on trial and some of them incarcerated, it just proves what I'm saying. The government, at least here, has really no interest in what you think. Apart from being able to choose who you get fucked by, you have no real power. It's depressing, but that's the world we live in.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 12:14 AM by Bridge.)
08-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Spoiler below!
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.25&soc=-1.38]

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 12:45 AM by Your Computer.)
08-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Website Find