Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

LP Threads: Don't Post Them Here
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
LP Threads: Don't Post Them Here

I know this is in the wrong section, but I felt this needed to be posted. I've seen a lot of people registering on the forum, making a Let's Play thread, and then the thread is locked and they are redirected to the Let's Play thread. My proposal is that a notification or similar is added on the subforums. A moderator could also add the Let's Play thread to the forum announcements section. This is only an idea.

Original Post:
Spoiler below!
The LP threads
Make them stop

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 12:46 AM by Zaffre.)
08-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: They Never Understand

Hm..so you made a useless thread complaining about other useless threads? This seems about right. You could have at least made it longer to help make your case to the moderators, 6 words isn't much. There's really nothing we can do; advertising on this site is a losing bet though, all the individual threads get closed and no one reads SUMMER^'s LP super-thread.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: They Never Understand

(08-24-2012, 12:33 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Hm..so you made a useless thread complaining about other useless threads? This seems about right. You could have at least made it longer to help make your case to the moderators, 6 words isn't much. There's really nothing we can do; advertising on this site is a losing bet though, all the individual threads get closed and no one reads SUMMER^'s LP super-thread.
You're right; I've edited the original post to portray what I think should be done.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: LP Threads: Don't Post Them Here

Don't worry, officer Traggey will come to the rescue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

This thread can help clean up the forums. It should be stickied.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Honestly I think there should be a whole entire sub-forum dedicated to LPs instead of just a thread, cause let's be truthful with ourselves for a second, do you honestly think anyone looks at that thread? My good friend TriadTimes explained it quite well to me once, the YouTube advertisement thread is basically a bottom-less pit where whenever a newbie comes along the moderators yell "HEY GUYS! THERE'S CANDY AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PIT!" and then they're never to be heard from again...

Don't get me wrong, I don't miss all the generic boring Amnesia LPs done by 12 year olds in the slightest, but when someone makes something that's legitimately interesting I'd like to see it. For example, I remember some guy (forgot exactly who, sorry) who made a VERY impressive 2D pixel art of the Brute in Minecraft a while back, about a month ago I saw that he had made another one for the Grunt, but when I clicked on the thread of course it had been removed. See videos like THAT I would actually want to see, and fuck I'm not gonna dig through that thread just to find a few good videos.

Also, I feel I should mention, this isn't meant to be attacking the moderators or what they're doing, I understand they have a job and no matter what the circumstances are they're supposed to enforce the rules, and I respect that. I'm just saying that if we made this change, I think it'd work out for the better.

Posting Freak
08-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

There shouldn't be a subforum, because we don't want them advertising here to begin with.
08-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Find