Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best PS to use for rushing water?
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9
What's the best PS to use for rushing water?

What's the best particle system to use when you have rushing water? Like a waterfall?

08-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: What's the best PS to use for rushing water?

Don't know about PS, but there is an entity called "sewerduct_water".

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7

When I created a waterfall, I used the entity "sewerduct_water.ent" for the waterfall, and "ps_impact_water_wheel_splash_highest.ps" for the splashes. I modified "ps_impact_water_wheel_splash_highest.ps" in the particle editor to improve the splashes and make them to fit better with my waterfall, which is something I recommend you to try if you want to have a good-looking waterfall. You can place some of them on the water, and some of them under the water to improve the splasheffects.
(08-24-2012, 05:58 PM)lolmaster Wrote: What's the best particle system to use when you have rushing water? Like a waterfall?
08-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Website Find
Bas Offline

Threads: 6

(08-25-2012, 09:20 AM)Mackiiboy Wrote: When I created a waterfall, I used the entity "sewerduct_water.ent" for the waterfall, and "ps_impact_water_wheel_splash_highest.ps" for the splashes. I modified "ps_impact_water_wheel_splash_highest.ps" in the particle editor to improve the splashes and make them to fit better with my waterfall, which is something I recommend you to try if you want to have a good-looking waterfall. You can place some of them on the water, and some of them under the water to improve the splasheffects.
That modification sounds neat but doesn't the waterfall get ugly using the same particle systems over and over? I'll get a look into particle editor when I get home. Any idea what the name is of that particle system that looks like sparky dust what alot of people use in their windows?
08-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Find