Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia crashes after initial loading screen
AzureKeys Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia crashes after initial loading screen

Hi, I'm a newb and have run across an issue. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and have recently bought Amnesia from the Ubuntu Software Center. When I run the game, I'm brought through a few introductory scenes, as well as the gamma setting, and then a loading screen. The game closes after this. I've read many different threads on this problem and cannot come up with a solution. I have already installed libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0, which seems to be a common fix. My video device is Mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express, and the hpl.log reads Version: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.4, which should be able to run the game. I have tried running the game on the lowest possible graphical settings, with several different audio devices, including using no device, in fullscreen mode, as well as windowed mode in several different resolutions. Nothing changes the result. I cannot, for the life of me, seem to find an answer to this. One more thing that may be of note is that, in the alpha settings section of the game, I can only see a faint square to the left. There is nothing to the right, and adjusting the slider seemingly has no effect on anything. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
08-27-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia crashes after initial loading screen

Can you paste the contents of your hpl.log file? Also the output of glxinfo on your system.

And are you running in unity or not?

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
08-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Website Find
AzureKeys Offline

Threads: 2

(08-27-2012, 03:07 AM)Urkle Wrote: Can you paste the contents of your hpl.log file? Also the output of glxinfo on your system.

Yes, I am running in Unity. hpl.log and glxinfo are attached.

Attached Files
.txt   glxinfo.txt (Size: 12.32 KB / Downloads: 157)
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 159)
08-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Find
Necronn99 Offline

Threads: 0

(08-27-2012, 03:12 AM)AzureKeys Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 03:07 AM)Urkle Wrote: Can you paste the contents of your hpl.log file? Also the output of glxinfo on your system.

Yes, I am running in Unity. hpl.log and glxinfo are attached.
I have same issue.

When you get a fix let me know.
10-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Find