Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

It Would Work
fraggot
Unregistered

It Would Work

I really believe this and maybe I'm alone, but if done correctly(can't stress that enough) I really think the Penumbra story could make an insanely scary ass good movie.

I think it'd work best if it was done in the fashion of say The Blair Witch, Cloverfield, except just not with a camera. Just have a majority of the movie to be shot from Phillips eyes. Of course some things would have to be added so people who've played the game won't expect certain things. Plus the game straight through without dying and done right, the game(s) are actually quite short.

How would anyone else feel about this? (Even though it'll most likely never actually happen)
02-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: It Would Work

I'd definitely watch a Penumbra movie if there was one. But I think there is too little dialogue in the game to just transfer it on the "big screen". A lot of the story details would have to be changed.
Also, games live from interactivity, and what feels awesome in a game might be just boring in a movie, but I think if the storyline was adapted for movie use, it would work.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

I would love to see such a movie xD
02-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6

Yes, would watch it too!

<3 Horror Adventures
02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

About the movie... Read This! Wink

02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

A Penumbra movie would most likely be crap. A 1st person movie would make whoever watches it sick, that's why they only had like five minutes of it in the DOOM movie.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

After my last three attempts of posting a somewhat lenghty reply to the main thread topic have been countered by "maximum server load" messages, I'll keep it short this time:

A prequel movie might work well

03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Yeah, yesterday was awful with maximum server loads.
What would a prequel movie be about? A member of an "Elevated Caste" working with excavating a tomb, working for some shady Albert Wesker-ripoff? I can still see something alike working well as a book, though I don't think there are enough twists possible to make it a film.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Kedjane Wrote:Yeah, yesterday was awful with maximum server loads.
What would a prequel movie be about? A member of an "Elevated Caste" working with excavating a tomb, working for some shady Albert Wesker-ripoff? I can still see something alike working well as a book, though I don't think there are enough twists possible to make it a film.
I don't know Albert Wesker, but what I meant was the story of Howard. How he got recruited by Archaic, performed some studies on material provided by them, later entering the Shelter itself to continue his research on-site, the infected showing up, the Hive contacting Howard...
practically everything that was described in the notes we find. Up until Philip receives Howard's message.

03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Thaliur Wrote:
Kedjane Wrote:Yeah, yesterday was awful with maximum server loads.
I don't know Albert Wesker, but what I meant was the story of Howard. How he got recruited by Archaic, performed some studies on material provided by them, later entering the Shelter itself to continue his research on-site, the infected showing up, the Hive contacting Howard...
practically everything that was described in the notes we find. Up until Philip receives Howard's message.
Yeah, that's what I meant.
Albert Wesker is a character in the first Resident Evil game, a truly mysterious and mighty person who appears a little all over killing people and pulling the strings. Like the G-man of Half Life.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Find