Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: do you believe that the taking down of parts 2 and 3 of the castle horror series, and both parts of a laugh in the darkness were just? why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
no
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few questions regarding the castle horror series
kira1000 Offline

Threads: 1
a few questions regarding the castle horror series

hello, I am just wondering, why is it that whenever a new entry in the castle horror or a laugh in the darkness series is made, certain members (who shall remain nameless), starts a flame war and turns them into an off-topic thread (in the case of ultimegastriker's third CH custom story) and then end up demanding it be locked for content from another game when the conversation dies (both), most likely it will occur when the next entry in the series, ultimate castle horror comes out as well. just what was copied that warranted the taking down of the links? so far, I have seen quotes that have been used by loads of people before, a song and a few faces. lots of other mods for other games use songs from other media. also, this seems to mainly be aimed at both ultimegastriker and skashi, both of them have had threads featuring good CS's and then (in the case of ultimegastriker) flame wars start and finally, when it seems to be over, someone gets it locked for using a song from something else even when said CS has been really popular. (both)

EDIT: I do not support piracy, I am simply putting the point out there that other mods for other games use songs and quotes from other games and media, if I make the same point twice, sorry but I am trying to emphasize the issue.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 02:05 PM by kira1000.)
09-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: a few questions regarding the castle horror series

If you think that there are other mods which violate this, contact one of the mods by reporting the thread/post in question. Mods, although awesome as hell, still can't be everywhere at once, and might've missed a few.
09-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Because they are cancer.

I'm proud of getting those threads locked.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-01-2012, 02:57 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Because they are different than from what most of this community likes
Fixed that for you.
09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Find
kira1000 Offline

when I said mods, I did not mean for this game, I meant in general.

EDIT: just because most of the people on the community hate them, that is no reason to ruin it for those that do enjoy those kind of maps.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 03:00 PM by kira1000.)
09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

There was recently a crackdown on the forums for pirated content. Getting the 3d models requires reverse engineering from a different game, which is against the lovely terms and conditions that nobody really reads. When you buy a game, you're really buying the license to play the game, not the actual content itself. This prevents other competitors from stealing assets and such.

I think that the move to remove download links was agreed upon by Frictional themselves, as they don't want their game to have pirated content in it. Don't quote me on that one.

As far as people flaming the content goes, there's a bit of an elitist mindset around these forums. Quality is expected and, well....(Note, this is my opinion) the stories aren't very good. They seem slapped together and hastily made, with little actual storyline. When creating a custom story, it's expected that you'll have a story attached to it, with some actual thought put in. Having random things fly at your face is a cheap tactic and not scary, really. It's startling. which is a human reaction to something approaching you at a high speed.

So, that's my viewpoint on the matter. Perhaps others will agree, and perhaps others will disagree. That's just my input. *shrug*

09-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Find
kira1000 Offline

when did this crackdown start? had no idea that such a thing occurred.
09-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Shitty maps are cancer and those who like them are as well.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(09-01-2012, 03:07 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Shitty maps are cancer and those who like them are as well.
Now now. You should calm yourself.

Quote: when did this crackdown start? had no idea that such a thing occurred.
It started maybe a month to two months ago? I'm not entirely sure.

09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Find
kira1000 Offline

that is your opinion on the subject. there are those that disagree.
EDIT: referring to corinthianmerchant
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 03:11 PM by kira1000.)
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Find