Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
(No longer considered a mod)
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
(No longer considered a mod)

Yep. No mod here.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 08:16 PM by Froge.)
09-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Franz Liszt (Complete)

Currently playing through now, so I won't give you a full verdict yet. Here's a few things I've noticed though:

-There is no boxlight. Always have one, or the lighting will look unnatural
-At the start, you should place the PlayerSpawn closer to the ground, so he doesn't just "drop in"
-Use mementos to record missions/tasks the player may have discovered from reading the notes.
-Several mapping errors, and a couple places could use welders.
-The rooms can use more variety, and more detail. Most of the ones I've seen so far are very empty with an occasional out of place thing in the middle of nowhere.

I did think the music you put with the notes was a nice touch though, given the "music" theme of the map.

EDIT:
Spoiler below!
Okay I'm officially stuck at the beginning. Do I really have to stack stuff up over all those pianos, or is there some other way?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 08:51 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

That's right, start stackin'.

09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(09-02-2012, 09:08 AM)Chronofox Wrote: That's right, start stackin'.
I'd say that you should change some stuff in here. I cannot express how tedious it was to have to haul all the loads of boxes, and barrels from all over to have enough to make it. You could at the very least have put a close-by source of them.

Spoiler below!
I played all until I "think" I cleared all three rooms in the entrance hall, but then my graphics drivers spazzed out, the game crashed, and I hadn't saved. So, I think I'll go finish it later since I have an exam tomorrow.

Here's some other stuff I noticed:
-Why are pianos stacked like that anyways? I don't think it'd work lol
-The brute which spawns in the prison room can get stuck between the iron maidens. I had to go let him kill me to fix it.
-I really enjoyed the part where there's a suitor wandering, and you have to pull all the levers. Good job on that Smile
-The two doors on the side in the entrance hall are nearly impossible to realize are there because of the box light, and partially due to map structure. Had you not said there were three doors in the entrance hall, I would never had thought to look for them.
-Try, and give the player a brief idea, or foreshadowing of what switches might do, especially if the particular map in question is huge.
-The lever in the main hall made a wall disappear with no sort of hole, or door frame whatsoever, so you can see the "holes" in the models.

Main problem though is the lack of that boxlight. Start improving from some of the basics like that, and you'll be better in no time Wink

Image by BandyGrass
09-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

(09-02-2012, 04:40 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 09:08 AM)Chronofox Wrote: That's right, start stackin'.
I'd say that you should change some stuff in here. I cannot express how tedious it was to have to haul all the loads of boxes, and barrels from all over to have enough to make it. You could at the very least have put a close-by source of them.

Spoiler below!
I played all until I "think" I cleared all three rooms in the entrance hall, but then my graphics drivers spazzed out, the game crashed, and I hadn't saved. So, I think I'll go finish it later since I have an exam tomorrow.

Here's some other stuff I noticed:
-Why are pianos stacked like that anyways? I don't think it'd work lol
-The brute which spawns in the prison room can get stuck between the iron maidens. I had to go let him kill me to fix it.
-I really enjoyed the part where there's a suitor wandering, and you have to pull all the levers. Good job on that Smile
-The two doors on the side in the entrance hall are nearly impossible to realize are there because of the box light, and partially due to map structure. Had you not said there were three doors in the entrance hall, I would never had thought to look for them.
-Try, and give the player a brief idea, or foreshadowing of what switches might do, especially if the particular map in question is huge.
-The lever in the main hall made a wall disappear with no sort of hole, or door frame whatsoever, so you can see the "holes" in the models.

Main problem though is the lack of that boxlight. Start improving from some of the basics like that, and you'll be better in no time Wink
I'm going to fix this map up and reupload it in a couple of days based on your suggestions.

Quick question - how is the boxlight best used (where does it go?)

09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Franz Liszt (Complete, but fixing stuff up)

Pretty sure that means the box light is pitch black. Wouldn't that be no help at all?

Also, how high up should it be?

Edit: Oh wait, I'm a complete newb. It only shows light when on the ground.

Edit 2: How to liven up the large empty halls? I mostly put stuff along the walls, which are already filled; it really doesn't make sense to me to stick like a table, a shelf, or a sofa in the middle of the room.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM by Froge.)
09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Franz Liszt (Complete, but fixing stuff up)

(09-02-2012, 08:18 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 07:26 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Pretty sure that means the box light is pitch black. Wouldn't that be no help at all?

Also, how high up should it be?

Edit: Oh wait, I'm a complete newb. It only shows light when on the ground.

Edit 2: How to liven up the large empty halls? I mostly put stuff along the walls, which are already filled; it really doesn't make sense to me to stick like a table, a shelf, or a sofa in the middle of the room.
Not pitch black, above it slightly but doesn't make it a shade of grey whatever.
Can you supply a screenshot so I can suggest some stuff please?
[Image: scaled.php?server=838&filename=screeniex...es=landing]

09-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Franz Liszt (Complete, Rereleased)

Thanks for the help.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM by Froge.)
09-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Oh god... -_-

Moddb Comment Wrote:pdpbrofist

no jumpscare no fun

boards dot 4chan dot org/v/res/163527443
I feel for you, Chrono. This map of yours isn't really that great at all, but you certainly don't deserve the treatment you're getting currently.

Say, did you change the link for the mediafire download when you updated the map? Moddb doesn't agree with me at all about downloads, so that's the only way I can play it.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 03:15 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Yep. I changed the link.

09-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Find