Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Doors
Frodos Offline

Threads: 7
Problem with Doors

Hello, I've been creating a custom story and upon trying to place a door I've encountered some problems.

When I place the doorway there is no open space between the two rooms, the wall remains there. When I place the door inside of the doorway, when I open the door in game it opens to the wall, I can't acess the other room the wall still blocks the way.

Could someone please help?

Veteran Writer

Need help with your CS plot? PM me!

Noob Scripter, need help PM me.

09-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Problem with Doors

I think you're new to the editor. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you have to delete the previously placed wall to make space for the door.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Find
Frodos Offline

(09-02-2012, 10:04 PM)Zaffre Wrote: I think you're new to the editor. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you have to delete the previously placed wall to make space for the door.
Yes I'm new, I tried what you suggested and this happened.

So I deleted the wall, door and doorframe.

Than I made a new doorframe and placed it, than I put the door inside of the doorframe. Than I put the wall through the doorframe. But when I tested, the wall was flashing and still went through the door.

I've been trying to figure this out for a hour and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

Could you possibly give me a step by step guide on how to do this? I'd be very grateful I'm so stuck

Can someone please help me, I've watched over 10 videos and read around 5 guides and I still can't figure it out. I do everything they say, I'm so frustrated someone please help me please.

Veteran Writer

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 10:51 PM by Frodos.)
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Yeah. I would've uploaded a video but FRAPS didn't want to work properly.

Okay. First things first, I think that your problem is this: you aren't using doorways. Doorways are walls specialized for allowing doors. Let me show you some pictures.

[Image: u111q.png]
This is the error you're having. Instead of using a doorway, you're using a wall, causing this to happen. Now let's look at a comparison between doorways and normal walls. The doors have been removed to show space.

[Image: 4FOkv.png]
As you can see, the doorway allows a small hole the size of a door to be there, allowing you to pass through without a problem. However, the normal wall obstructs this opening, which doesn't allow the door to move through because the wall is blocking the door.

If you're still confused, take a look at this. YourComputer has a great tutorial series, and you might want to have a look at it.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 10:56 PM by Zaffre.)
09-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Find
Frodos Offline

THANK YOU! Thank you so much you're great, thank you for taking the time to help me! Big Grin

Veteran Writer

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 10:58 PM by Frodos.)
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

It's not a problem, I'm glad I could help. Smile

09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Find