Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Entity not active still shows??
bri2ny Offline

Threads: 2
Question  Help! Entity not active still shows??

Okay...so, the whole idea is that when Player collides then leaves "Area_1", a door that was previously locked (let's call it "Door_1") becomes inactive and "Door_2" (which is mansion_off_hinges_1) becomes active...Well, my issue here is that "Door_2" is visible when it's not supposed to be.

The entity itself is unchecked next to "Active" in level editor. In my script file, I have a line that says SetEntityActive("mansion_off_hinges_1", false);

So neither of these things are working to keep the entity from appearing when it's not supposed to be. I'm not sure what exactly I should post besides some lines from my script file that pertain to the door. I put the code in pastebin because the code brackets on this website still reformat my script lines.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 04:16 AM by bri2ny.)
09-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Help! Entity not active still shows??

The unhinged mansion door is one of those screwy entities that doesn't like cooperating with the rules. I've tried many times in the past to find a work around to no avail.

Your best option would be to have the door active at all times, but flip it around so it would be on the side the player cannot see it from.

Hope that helped!

I rate it 3 memes.
09-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Find
bri2ny Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Help! Entity not active still shows??

(09-05-2012, 03:16 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: The unhinged mansion door is one of those screwy entities that doesn't like cooperating with the rules. I've tried many times in the past to find a work around to no avail.

Your best option would be to have the door active at all times, but flip it around so it would be on the side the player cannot see it from.

Hope that helped!
Ah, thank you! Big Grin
09-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Find