Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
The Subconscious Trials
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: The Subconscious Trials

lol my CS is now 200 MB and I'm missing textures and models.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Just my input. I was looking at the "loading screen paintings" you guys have on page 11 and felt you should removed the outlines of people in the tv. The way they are drawn and in the situation given, it almost feels humorous (like it's a game show or something) and it might be best to have it simply left as looking like static/noise. I like the way they look otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014, 12:21 AM by Statyk.)
02-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

alright if any of you are interested in beta testing at all i'll start accepting submissions about it now seeing as everything will be basically done by like..... monday ish probably

just send me a pm or post in here about it and i'll get back to you as soon as i can

it would be very very preferable if you have some experience with the engine or scripting and mapping in general though its not required

Posting Freak
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: The Subconscious Trials (looking for beta testers currently)

Yes! I can break your mod and reveal all the bad bad bugs (and postpone the release more!!!)

03-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: tumblr_n2ifym0FrU1s9e3m4o1_1280.png]

Posting Freak
03-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Are you going for total realism?

03-16-2014, 05:33 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

uh in general no but within the boundaries of the narrative yea

ie the ideas and concepts that the story itself is shaped around are kind of ridiculous/impossible (like a drug being able to give you total control over your dreams) but i tried to stay consistent with the ideas used and tried to make all the characters and events within it sensible given the situation

Posting Freak
03-16-2014, 06:05 AM
Website Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Due to the drug simulating real life to a tee, experiments could be conducted that would never be possible in real life due to restrictions of the real world, people could act out decisions in their head and see how it would pan out in real life, the list goes on. It had the potential to solve the world's problems.

Well, by all technicality this is impossible. Since its MY dream i can only simulate in my dream how i know it would happen in real life. For example if i believed that if i threw a ball at a wall at a 45 degree angle that it would bounce off Directly back at me, then in my dream it would. Even though in real life it would not.

I know that this is a custom story and not everything should be followed to the letter, Don't mind me just being speculative.

03-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

well yeah the whole point is that it can basically create a reality in your head thats exactly like real life and then you can fuck around with it and change it how you want from that base im not saying that its locked into reality

Posting Freak
03-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

got it out to testers earlier this week

so far no ones gotten past map 3 that im aware of (though i haven't been in contact with a few in a little bit so i could be wrong) but in most cases that's more due to time restrictions than bugs and crashes hindering progress. as it is right now i can run through it in about an hour and a half so translating that to how long it takes to speed run the main game + a few other factors im guessing the final version will be around 6-8 hours??? maybe a little shorter maybe a little longer but i'd say that's a good estimate

Posting Freak
03-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Website Find