Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
The Subconscious Trials
skafast Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Subconscious Trials

Just found this topic and only have read the first post (had a quick glance on the other ones though), but I have a little suggestion about the story... either explain why this unknown man wanted to call Alan, and only him (this could be a pain in the ass if you haven't followed this way since the beginning), or make the main character find about this "job" in another source (newspaper, internet, radio, TV, etc)(easily do-able). Receiving a call from an unknown man offering a job seems very unlikely to happen unless this man wants something for some reason, or they were friends a long time ago and this guy knew about the situation of his old friend, something along this. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this story, good luck!
01-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah don't worry most of that's been worked out (for the most part, I'm going to have to revise some of it though), but like I said I felt the majority of the story out since I didn't want to spoil it, so you'll find all that out when it comes out.

Posting Freak
01-31-2013, 12:58 AM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

So... how's this going?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(03-29-2013, 10:33 PM)The chaser Wrote: So... how's this going?

I'm still working on it pretty regularly, I went from maybe once every two weeks to 2-4 times a week, so that's an improvement. Just with the way I'm going about making the current map (it has lots of weird crazy level design/puzzles) it's very hard to just sit down and get huge chunks of work done, since I didn't have an exact plan going in but rather a general idea of what I wanted. So I basically have to take a good half hour to hour long break to come up with an idea for each room that feels original and I'm happy with before I start making it (and there's like 15-20 rooms in total).

Posting Freak
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(03-30-2013, 12:05 AM)Robosprog Wrote: 15-20 rooms per map, or did you mean maps?

Actually no, I prefer to have massive maps with lots and lots of space used in them that take a while to complete. But right there I was just talking about that specific map, I think on average most of the maps have like 10-15, just with the way that one's designed (it's streamlined, meaning you're never going to revisit an area and you're pretty much always moving forward) there's a lot more small areas with a lot crammed into them.

Posting Freak
03-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(03-30-2013, 12:00 AM)Kman Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:33 PM)The chaser Wrote: So... how's this going?

I'm still working on it pretty regularly, I went from maybe once every two weeks to 2-4 times a week, so that's an improvement. Just with the way I'm going about making the current map (it has lots of weird crazy level design/puzzles) it's very hard to just sit down and get huge chunks of work done, since I didn't have an exact plan going in but rather a general idea of what I wanted. So I basically have to take a good half hour to hour long break to come up with an idea for each room that feels original and I'm happy with before I start making it (and there's like 15-20 rooms in total).

Really nice to hear. It's one of the few mods that seems worth playing.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Well since I haven't bumped this in a while I figured I'd give a news update: Limbo map is completely done and ready to be scripted, it turned out a lot more expansive then I had planned which means the play time on it is probably going to be something like 20-40 minutes depending on how hard puzzles (lolandy) and parkour (loltyler) are for you. The scripting process also started (fucking finally) and I actually got to play one of my maps with fully functioning gameplay for the first time today which was neat. Anyways, like I've said before, this should be out sometime during the summer or soon after it ends if you guys are curious.

So yeah, might update this with some screenshots tomorrow (most of them are already in the screenshot criticism thread/moddb if you're really that curious) but I'm on my phone right now so I can't post any at the moment.

Posting Freak
05-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

YES!!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Oh also I've been considering this for a while and figured I'd see what your guys opinion on this is; I've considered making this a full conversion since a lot of the areas were designed to be played without night vision and sanity drain (built a lot of the maps with both deactivated) since a lot of the time I feel it ruins the mood and takes control away from the the designer in creating a good atmosphere. Obviously I'm sure most of you know by now that I generally disapprove for people making mods full conversions for silly reasons, so I was wondering if you guys would consider that enough to justify making it one. It'll be able to still function fine even if sanity drain and night vision still apply of course, but it could definitely have an impact on how immersive/atmospheric certain areas are. So what do you guys think?

Posting Freak
05-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

No offense, but do you even know what a full conversion is?

EDIT: Just found out I may not have the terminology figured out. It seems the standard definition for "full conversion" doesn't apply in the case of Amnesia mods (similar confusion in the "Forgiven a full conversion [screenshots]" thread).
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2013, 01:29 PM by Bridge.)
05-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Find