Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flashbacks fail to launch
Pikmintendo Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Flashbacks fail to launch

Hi
A while back I tired to get help for my problem here on the support forums, but nothing recommended was helpful, so I ended up giving up. But I have taken an interest in the game once again and wish to fix it.

My problem is that flashbacks will not launch; Namely the one after picking up a chemical on the floor in the cellar (the specific map is 03_archives.map, I believe) but I attempted an optional event involving picking up a note earlier on in the game that also launches a flashback, this one did not work either. Instead of the flashback launching, Daniel will pass out and the screen will go black, leaving only a few miscellaneous sounds playing in the background. During this state, the Esc key menu is still accessible. Everything else in the game works fine, albeit a bit slow, and I have encountered no problems when running Justine. The log states the error as following:

WARNING: Could not find player start node ''
ERROR: StartPos '' does not exist!
-------- END LOAD ---------
ERROR: Couldn't create SoundEntity 'step_walk_generic_hard.snt'

I have validated my cache files for the game and attempted to set all graphics options to low or otherwise turn them off. My graphics card drivers are updated regularly and up to date as far as I'm aware. I am using an Acer aspire 5742z-4601 model, running windows 7, and information about my graphics card can be viewed here. Furthermore, I've attached the HPL log file. Please help me fix this, I really want to play Amnesia more.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log.log (Size: 6.78 KB / Downloads: 103)
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Flashbacks fail to launch

Try playing from an earlier save in combination with turning off/lower all the graphics for this section. If that does nto help, then don't pick the note as it is not needed to progress in the game. You can see the sequence you are missing on for example youtube.
09-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Website Find
Pikmintendo Offline

(09-07-2012, 06:54 AM)jens Wrote: Try playing from an earlier save in combination with turning off/lower all the graphics for this section. If that does nto help, then don't pick the note as it is not needed to progress in the game. You can see the sequence you are missing on for example youtube.
No, The note I do not need; I've already established that that is optional and I've skipped it, the real problem is that I am now trying to pick up a chemical NEEDED to progress in the game that triggers an event including a flashback, which doesn't launch, therefore preventing me from progressing further. I would like to know if I can fix it and make the flashback launch in any way; Toggling a specific option or set of options, reinstalling the game, etc. As for your booting from a previous save idea, I already tried completely starting the game over, and It still hasn't worked.
09-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Find
Pikmintendo Offline

Hello? It's been about a week now and Ive gotten no replies other than that one
09-14-2012, 03:00 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

try to buy a new video card!

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
09-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

I have no idea what the problem could be, but I presume it's the card.

Mess around with the graphics settings. If neither that doesn't help, I ain't got a clue.

Intel HD Cards don't really work, especially when they're integrated ones.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You can try following this guide, http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89162 to update the drivers for the card. Other than that intelhd cards are not supported by the game I'm afraid.
09-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Website Find