Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should i buy now or wait?
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Should i buy now or wait?

I haven't played Penumbra all the way through yet, so there's something for me to do at least.

Also, BMT in 2 months. Won't even have time to THINK about Amnesia.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Find
AbelAbel8100 Offline

Threads: 1

(09-07-2012, 09:41 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: It is a great game indeed. If you immerse yourself, and even take your time, you will have loads of great times.
I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good here that it is a great game indeed.If you involve yourself and even take your time and energy,you will have lots of excellent periods.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM by AbelAbel8100.)
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-18-2012, 06:17 PM)AbelAbel8100 Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 09:41 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: It is a great game indeed. If you immerse yourself, and even take your time, you will have loads of great times.
I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good here that it is a great game indeed.If you involve yourself and even take your time and energy,you will have lots of excellent periods.
Immersion is the key.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Website Find
windbrand Offline

Threads: 4

You're asking the question on a forum where everyone here is a complete worshipper of frictional games, making your question kind of redundant.
Now since I'm not a worshipper of FG, I'll give you some completely unbiased opinions on the game:

Pros:
- Great atmosphere if you like games where everything is dark
- Great music/sound effects
- Great physics-based puzzles
- A couple of good jump scares, a few good situations that easily makes you panic but these are rare (chases)
- Not too many loading zones
- Good difficulty, though a bit on the easy side
- Free bonus level available as an add-on
- No guns - this is absolutely great, I am SO f*cking sick of those so-called "horror" games *cough*RE4/5/6*cough* that completely taint the horror genre by even associating themselves with it. It's hard for real horror games like Silent Hill or Penumbra/Amnesia to survive in a world where crap like CoD is what everyone talks about

Cons:
- Dark atmosphere alone is not enough to scare some people, like me
- Extremely convoluted and cliched story (guy wakes up without a memory, reads diary entries to get his memory back), you're pretty much not going to get wtf is happening unless you read every word of every diary entry, which gets boring, or read the wiki
- 99% of the game is just walking around, or in fancy talk "exploring". But since the game is almost completely linear there's not much "exploring" to do because the game forces you to only go one direction
- About zero replay value - second playthrough offers absolutely nothing different. Yes there are 3 endings, but if you want another ending just replay the last 1 minute of the game differently, because that's all the ending depends on
- Extremely short - roughly 5 hours if you run instead of walk, maybe 6-7 if you don't like running for some reason and lag behind in some puzzles
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012, 01:00 AM by windbrand.)
09-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-24-2012, 12:56 AM)windbrand Wrote: You're asking the question on a forum where everyone here is a complete worshipper of frictional games, making your question kind of redundant.

"Worship" is kinda strong word, don't you think?

09-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Website Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

(09-24-2012, 09:27 AM)Scraper Wrote: "Worship" is kinda strong word, don't you think?
Indeed it is...

[Image: 15isy6C]
09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote:You're asking the question on a forum where everyone here is a complete worshipper of frictional games, making your question kind of redundant.
Now since I'm not a worshipper of FG, I'll give you some completely unbiased opinions on the game:
I tried really really hard not to laugh at the fact that you really believe these statements

I failed

Anyways, totally get the game, it's completely worth it
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2012, 06:09 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Website Find