Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I re install Amnesia?
saiyan Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago How do I re install Amnesia?

I tried to do a full conversion mod but I ended up messing up. I haven't done too many of them, I'm still somewhat new to Amnesia. I hit yes to merge folders and then it asked me to replace some files. I thought I was supposed to do that so I hit yes to all. Now when I try to play that full conversion, I get this:

"Amneisa.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module ntdll.dll at 0023:776A7245, LdrUnlockLoaderLock()+1465byte(s)"

I sent a message to the creator of the mod and he recommended that I re install Amnesia again. I bought the game through the website (amnesiagame.com). I have the license number to my game. Amnesia is my first real PC game, I rarely install anything on my laptop so I don't do this kind of stuff everyday.

My overall question is this, how can I re install Amnesia without paying for it again? Or do I have to pay for it again?

I'm assuming I might have to uninstall the game first then re install it, but once again Amnesia is my first PC game so I've never had to do anything like this, I'm a noob when it comes to that. Thanks for any help/advice, I truly appreciate it.
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: How do I re install Amnesia?

The e-mail sent to you upon purchase contains information on how to download Amnesia.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Website Find
saiyan Offline

Threads: 2

Ohh I see, I click on the link and enter my email and order number just like when I first did it. But will it accept it if I already did that? It isn't like a one time thing?

Also I would first need to uninstall Amnesia correct?
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The files should get overwritten anyway during installation. There shouldn't be a need to uninstall first.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Website Find
marni13 Offline

Threads: 0

I tried reinstalling Amnesia from the original message sent to me after purchasing on Aug 13, 2012. After waiting for the download to finish, just when there is less than 30 seconds left, I get a message that says ...amnesia_tdd_1.2.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server admin. This would be the 3rd time downloading this game. The first time we downloaded it to my daughter's computer, since she is the one who will be playing it, but her graphics couldn't handle it, so the 2nd try was when we originally installed on this computer. I got a trojan yesterday, and had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows (7, home premium, 64 bit). Does Frictional games need to reset something?
09-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Find