Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help jumping pillars in Cistern?
BloomingLilac Offline

Threads: 1
Help jumping pillars in Cistern?

Hi, everyone. I'm loving this game! Heart The problem I'm having is in the Cistern where I have to jump across the broken pillars to get to the valve in order to drain the water. I keep falling between them and having to go back through the water to start over. When I was playing the previous level, I was able to climb the walls if there were rocks around. I'm using the default PC keys to walk, jump, and run (W, space bar, and left shift, respectively). This is frustrating. I've thought about bringing some boxes from other areas just to get past the pillars, but that would be too time consuming. Can anyone help me with this? The YouTube walkthroughs make it look so simple. Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide. I really want to complete this game.

Blush Smile
09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Help jumping pillars in Cistern?

Have you tried sprinting (shift) while jumping?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Website Find
BloomingLilac Offline

(09-10-2012, 08:57 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Have you tried sprinting (shift) while jumping?
Yes, that works for the first jump. I hold all 3 keys down to do that and then I jump again only to land between the next two pillars. I've tried repeatedly to get past this part of the level. This is sad. I was enjoying the game so much. Thank you for replying. Shy
09-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-10-2012, 10:55 AM)BloomingLilac Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 08:57 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Have you tried sprinting (shift) while jumping?
Yes, that works for the first jump. I hold all 3 keys down to do that and then I jump again only to land between the next two pillars. I've tried repeatedly to get past this part of the level. This is sad. I was enjoying the game so much. Thank you for replying. Shy
I think you're jumping too early. Keep trying, and you shall succeed. There were times when I landed inbetween those pillars, but after rapidly pressing "space", I double-jumped and happened to be on the other side. This double-jump rarely happens (at least at my part).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

jump to the first pillar, then go at the beginning of the one you jumped on, (warning not to fall) and jump when you have sprinted for 1 second, when you find yourself almost at the end of the pillar. It's really easy and you should manage to do it in a momentSmile

listen to boards of canada
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Website Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

Just a thought, if you have low health it hinders your run speed. I'm not sure if you're on low health or not but perhaps take a health drink if you are. If you don't have any then I can't really suggest anything other than loading a checkpoint perhaps. gl anyway

[Image: 20643.png]
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I think he would've noticed that. The screen turns red as your health sinks.

09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Website Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

Yeah the screen does go very red in the worst case but I seem to remember being slower than normal a few times without having such a noticeable visual effect. But yeah, just an idea anyway

[Image: 20643.png]
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-10-2012, 02:52 PM)Chap1400 Wrote: Yeah the screen does go very red in the worst case but I seem to remember being slower than normal a few times without having such a noticeable visual effect. But yeah, just an idea anyway
That occurs only when your health is around 50-43ish. Below that, and I already see a shade of red.

09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Website Find
BloomingLilac Offline

Thanks to all who replied. I will try the double jump using the space bar. My health is "a few scratches and bruises" as I was injured while climbing the ladder onto the platform. I believe I used the laudanum (sp?) after that climb and I don't have any left. I'll keep trying. Unfortunately, the game won't allow me to move any crates to the pillars. Undecided
09-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Find