Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Horror Thread(The Place of Nightmares)
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Horror Thread(The Place of Nightmares)

I used to have dreams that made absolutely no sense at all, but they were incredibly unnerving, I even threw up in the middle of the night because of some of them.

One of them was about a trip to disney world. Fucking Disney World, and I got sick to my stomach because everything in that dream was... wrong. I really don't know how to explain it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(09-12-2012, 01:43 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: I used to have dreams that made absolutely no sense at all, but they were incredibly unnerving, I even threw up in the middle of the night because of some of them.

One of them was about a trip to disney world. Fucking Disney World, and I got sick to my stomach because everything in that dream was... wrong. I really don't know how to explain it.

Perchance you experienced a night terror?

[Image: p229xcq]
09-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(09-12-2012, 01:43 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: One of them was about a trip to disney world. Fucking Disney World, and I got sick to my stomach because everything in that dream was... wrong. I really don't know how to explain it.
Went to Disney LAND on my senior year of high school. Made the baaaaad mistake of going on Mission: Space without my knowledge of motion sickness. Threw up when we got to our motel room and was dozing the whole next day. Started off bad, but we went to the good parts later in the week =D Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom is where it's at bitches.

As for the dream thing, I've had some dreams where it was really sad. Girlfriend/family died, I was lost in a terrible desolate place, etc. And when I woke up, my face would be tear-covered, as well as pillow. Apparently I've cried in my sleep at those times. I hated waking up like that because I'd have to get out of bed XD

THEN there was one time where I had a dream where some wolf-like beast (I have a mild fear of four-legged beasts) bit off my arm. I woke up from it and could not feel/move my right arm. I felt around for it with my left hand and couldn't find it on the bed. I was kinda panicking and put my hand to my shoulder and followed it down (it was pitch black in my room) and found my arm lodged between the edge of the bed and the wall it sits against, so I had cut off blood circulation. That was a terrifying moment.... Dreams are CRAY-ZEE....

anyway.... I'm just gonnaaaa...
Spoiler below!
[Image: nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 01:59 AM by Statyk.)
09-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Not just one. I had at least 20 that I remember. That means I probably experienced hundreds.(bad memory, haha.) Yeah, they were probably night terrors.

Now-a-days I don't have any dreams, at all.

I swear my brain hates me.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Don't worry I probably had a dozen or so night terrors in my youth as well, stopped after I became 13.

They were really fucking creepy. I would jump up in the middle of the night screaming nonsense and demanding something, even though I had no idea what I wanted, or some other pointless action like desiring suddenly to run up a wall (seriously) or to enter the toilet. My last occurred at a summer camp when I was sleeping with a bunch of other boys. Most of my other night terrors had happened while I was safe at home. Something happened, I guess the shame of breaking out into terror in public overcame the irrational fear inspired by my night terrors, and I finally beat it. Like, instead of screaming and running wildly, I just sat there with eyes closed and thinking about the pointlessness until it departed from my sanity.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

perfect horror

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 05:25 AM by Streetboat.)
09-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

To be honest I never really got scared of anything as a kid. not that i remember! there could be one things or two that honestly scared but. I just don't remember.

I do remember watching Courage the cowardly dog but I always laughed when i was supposed to be scared Tongue

I only started to be more interested in the horror genre when Dead Space was near its launch date. for me it was something completely new and intriguing! Now I know it was inspired by a ton of shit and that the game itself was not as scary as many other games of the same type. But for me it was my first horror experience and loved every minute of it!

then Amnesia came and I don't need to describe how awesome it was. but my first truly terrifying moment in my video game experience was a moment in White night where in one of the first levels, you can explore a place below a staircase that when you look behind you a retextured version of the penumbra monster (that looked to me like a little girl for some unexplained reason at the moment) jumped right me and then vanished. I truly screamed! not even Amnesia delivered that to me! unfortunately for me my parents arrived home exactly at the moment when i screamed.... awkward.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 05:52 AM by Danny Boy.)
09-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Things I was scared as a kid were the following:

Scarecrow when he was wearing this. Might have something to do with a particularly creepy commercial for BTAS I saw when I was a kid.
Spoiler below!
[Image: Scarecrow2.jpg]

This terrified me though (The guy, not the song)

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2012, 05:56 AM
Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2

Sleep paralysis. All I'm saying.

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-12-2012, 12:20 PM)KingWolf Wrote: Sleep paralysis. All I'm saying.
Well, that's bad enough. I had one too, and I have no idea how I survived that torture.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Website Find