Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture/Black Plague Novel Creation/Discussion
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Penumbra Overture/Black Plague Novel Creation/Discussion

Until an official one is (or even if) released, how would (or who would) write the story of Penumbra: Overture and its sequel Penumbra: Black Plague?

Here, if your interested, we will discuss how to write such a story.
09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Penumbra Overture/Black Plague Novel Creation/Discussion

I don't know about novels, but if I would write one, I would try to make it very detailed, while keeping the story the same as the game.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-11-2012, 06:59 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I don't know about novels, but if I would write one, I would try to make it very detailed, while keeping the story the same as the game.
Good to hear. I would keep to the story as well. Now do you think parts need to be added? One thought is who did Phillip send his message to?

Yet another thought: I wrote up (as a cool merchandise to own) a Penumbra Kit [here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid166493]. What if we put things Phillip thought about doing/studying once he got out (before realizing his fate at the end). So he collects things to confirm his story, Rock Worm tooth, Giant Spider pincers, etc?
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I don't really think parts have to be added. Keeping certain things a mystery is what I'd like.

Penumbra Kit = Pure coolness of awesomeness.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-11-2012, 07:07 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I don't really think parts have to be added. Keeping certain things a mystery is what I'd like.

Penumbra Kit = Pure coolness of awesomeness.
I can understand, it does add mystery. As this is a novel we'd have to put what the player would have done into thought for the character.

I'm glad you love my Penumbra Kit idea! Cool

Now I have to ask, in your opinion, what would Clarance look like if he drew himself?
09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?

09-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?
Who he was, well that's a Tuurngait. Remember in Black Plague, even in the demo, where you see an un-natural light(s)? My guess is that those lights are the Tuurngait when not in a body. Who he is physically, for the longest time he was in Phillip, so maybe a modified appearance of Phillip?
09-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-11-2012, 07:47 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 07:34 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Well, that's a bit outside my experience box. Middle-aged man. That's all I can say. We might need to find out some more about Clarence's past. Who was he (physically)?
Who he was, well that's a Tuurngait. Remember in Black Plague, even in the demo, where you see an un-natural light(s)? My guess is that those lights are the Tuurngait when not in a body. Who he is physically, for the longest time he was in Phillip, so maybe a modified appearance of Phillip?
Light? I don't remember any kind of light.

About Clarence, like I said, I dunno. His appearance can only be described by the person who thought him up.

09-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-11-2012, 07:49 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 07:47 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
Light? I don't remember any kind of light.

About Clarence, like I said, I dunno. His appearance can only be described by the person who thought him up.
At this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ0_1p0r...plpp_video starting from at 5:00 to 5:06, it shows the light along with the description "That light, it doesn't seem natural".

I agree, it would depend on who thought up Clarence.
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Next time, don't link me to PewDiePie. He was good before, but now my head is splitting open.

And yeah, just reading that text, I remember. It seemed normal to me, so that is why I didn't remember.

09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Website Find