Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What Was the Most Tense Part of Amnesia?
Chap Offline

Threads: 16
RE: What Was the Most Tense Part of Amnesia?

I think for me it was probably storage, that whole area was beautifully well build. The noises you hear and the general atmosphere and tension built in that level was quite horrid =P It was one of those parts in the game that you really wanted to play but at the same time didn't in case you lost control of your bowels xD

[Image: 20643.png]
09-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

sewer chase

[Image: p229xcq]
09-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

The Storage is very tense. When I got the message "the darkness seems unnatural" I quit and looked at a walkthrough because I was so terrified.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

The sewers and the choir. The Brute really got my shit gurgling, the Grunt less so especially after meeting the Brute. The Brute's audio was the main factor; hearing that cowish moan from around the corner made me get an erection not out of pleasure but out of sheer terror.

Moments which stood out for me are the sewer distraction/chase section, the morgue visit and pretty much all of the choir's main hall sequence.

Amazingly some of the most intense moments didn't even involve danger as such - the torture rooms in the Transept, for instance. Just stressed the hell out of me, and that droning, grinding metal sound which plays when you're in a "scary room" is so very, very effective. I'm pretty sure it's the 15_amb_metal.ogg file. That coupled with 03_amb.ogg could very well ruin your life.
09-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: The Brute really got my shit gurgling
That mental image got my shit gurgling.

Oh yeah, the Trancept...

When I went into the sawing room, and the sawing sound played... I think I was wincing BEFORE I knew what was really going on. Then I saw that picture...

Then I paused the game and started pacing to get rid of the imagined pain. It's the only part of the game that makes me whimper simply by THINKING about it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

the first time i played amnesia... i was trying to see who was the white monster appearing everytime... and when he appeared in the storage right in your front(but not to attack you) i ran after him,and suddenly HE TURNED AND STARTED TO CHASE ME AND I ABANDONED THE KEYBOARD AND RAN TO MY ROOM = /

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
09-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Storage.

Also testing my cs when a brute suddenly ran after me at lightning speed with no animation and went right through me then killed me. This happened after I stared at it for 2 seconds, it was completely lifeless.. then oh fauk this happens. I pushed my chair back so hard with my feet I almost fell off backwards. God damn.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 04:52 AM by Damascus Rose.)
09-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

The Torture Chambers. That atmosphere Big Grin
09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-13-2012, 04:07 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: The Torture Chambers. That atmosphere Big Grin
...really keeps you going...

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Website Find
Aurain Offline

Threads: 1

Generally, the atmosphere of the entire game is for me the most scary and most impressive thing about this game. But if I have to point out different situations, it must be the part when you have to throw the rock to distract the monster. I remember being so much quiet ingame and in real life as I was sneaking around him, and moving forward. When getting to the door, he began chasing me and I had to run.

My heart was beating, I got shocked and had tears in my eyes. I could feel the adrenaline just pumping around in my body. It was one of the most intense parts in my opinion. ^__^

My Youtube ~ (Click here!)
09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Website Find