Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your phobias
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Your phobias

(09-13-2012, 06:33 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 06:25 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Being up there looks fun. Big Grin
Get yourself an AG module, then I'll agree.
Here:

[Image: Time_Manipulation_Device.jpg]

This'll save you!

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

No thanks. That disintegrates anything in its path.

And it doesn't make you fly. It makes others fly instead.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

OK then... let's only list the worst ones.

1. Slowly dying in hospital while machines keep me alive.

Yeah its pretty specific but its really one of my biggest fears. Not so much getting sick and dying itself - if its over fast or if I'm at least still able to kill myself if it gets too painful, thats ok. But the thought of lying there, totally helpless and in pain as the minutes slowly crawl by, with no means of ending it because some stupid asshole on some ethics board thought it would be "inhuman" to switch those machines off... thats the worst thing I can think of.

2. Small enclosed spaces and suffocating.

I'm kinda surprised so many people here mention heights, yet only a few seem to be afraid of this. Maybe its just me? Anyway, I crossed the Capilano Suspension Bridge and was thrown out of an airplane (tandem skydiving ^^) and loved both, but make me crawl through a tunnel I can't stand upright in and I go into total panic mode.

3. Losing my loved ones

Pretty self explanatory I think.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 04:56 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
09-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

You just reminded me.

Tubes down my throat in the hospital.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-14-2012, 04:55 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: 1. Slowly dying in hospital while machines keep me alive.

2. Small enclosed spaces and suffocating.
I'd assume that no one has listed these yet, because most of us haven't had such an experience of it to make us truly afraid of it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Not being able to breathe terrifies me. I once breathed in water and I was in tears because I was so terrified. I couldn't breathe because the water prevented it.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I'm actually particularly terrified of eternal life, or eternity of any sort, such as being stuck in a perpetual time warp like Groundhog Day. Being able to "think" forever is really a horrendous idea, because after millions and millions of years you'd eventually become completely detached from your emotions (why do anything when you live forever?), but even a million years is infinitely small compared to the "infinite" concept of eternity.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I'd assume that no one has listed these yet, because most of us haven't had such an experience of it to make us truly afraid of it.
That's true. But alas I have a very active imagination, so in my head it is pretty clear what it could feel like and that's what makes me afraid of it. Its like the thing with horror games - your imagination is often way worse than what's actually happening on screen Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 05:20 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
09-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-14-2012, 05:11 PM)Chronofox Wrote: I'm actually particularly terrified of eternal life, or eternity of any sort, such as being stuck in a perpetual time warp like Groundhog Day. Being able to "think" forever is really a horrendous idea, because after millions and millions of years you'd eventually become completely detached from your emotions (why do anything when you live forever?), but even a million years is infinitely small compared to the "infinite" concept of eternity.
Groundhog day is a damn hilarious movie!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-14-2012, 06:52 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 05:11 PM)Chronofox Wrote: I'm actually particularly terrified of eternal life, or eternity of any sort, such as being stuck in a perpetual time warp like Groundhog Day. Being able to "think" forever is really a horrendous idea, because after millions and millions of years you'd eventually become completely detached from your emotions (why do anything when you live forever?), but even a million years is infinitely small compared to the "infinite" concept of eternity.
Groundhog day is a damn hilarious movie!
If I would be in jail, and then the next day I would be in heaven, I would be..

Ah, sh*t.

09-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Website Find