Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Need help finding performance issues in my custom story
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Need help finding performance issues in my custom story

That explains everything. Older computers will crash trying to load all that.

It took 50 seconds for the map to start at my PC, and it loads most Amnesia maps within 6 seconds, or less.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Website Find
go.go Offline

Threads: 2

While it makes sense that the map is overly detailed and that is causing the performance issues, I can't help but wonder why Nemet is getting a higher frame rate than I am, even with worse specs.

I tried deleting all the plates/goblets/knives and most round and organic items, and while it did help with the load time, I only gained at most 2 extra fps from it in game. Maybe reinstalling the game might help? Also, any other tips for increasing performance? What else should I remove?

Apart from this though, what do you guys think of the level design so far? The whole game is going to take place inside this house (it also has a cellar and an attic), so the level design is almost done for now (need to redesign the lights). Changes will be made later on to properly fit the story. I know that the level isn't very creepy as it is now, but that is intentional as the whole point of the game is to have the environment change as you go along. Rooms you backtrack to will either look entirely different or just have small details changed etc. As you make progress in the game, the house will start to deform and become creepier. This is just the base for it.
09-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

If you're running the game in windowed mode, try turning off Aero desktop effects if any are on. Open main_settings.cfg from Documents/Amnesia/Main. Make sure LimitFPS is false and Vsync is false. Save and restart the game. Did that improve performance?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Website Find
go.go Offline

Threads: 2

(09-13-2012, 12:01 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If you're running the game in windowed mode, try turning off Aero desktop effects if any are on. Open main_settings.cfg from Documents/Amnesia/Main. Make sure LimitFPS is false and Vsync is false. Save and restart the game. Did that improve performance?
I did all that and now it works perfectly! Constant 60+ fps, thanks a lot for the help! I really appreciate it, now I can finally get back to working on this map.
09-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Find