Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Discussion about religion
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Discussion about religion

(09-14-2012, 07:01 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: C'mon guys, there can't be a good flame war if everyone's on the same side!
"Introduce a little Anarchy."
09-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

i'm catholic... the only thing i have to do is... live thinking that someone is watching and protecting us '-'

Projects i'm working on
The Dream:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dream
Amnesia:Fear in Hands
http://www.moddb.com/mods/amnesia-fear-in-hands
09-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-14-2012, 07:15 AM)Gaviao Wrote: i'm catholic... the only thing i have to do is... live thinking that someone is watching and protecting us '-'
Does he, "Like to watch"? Wink
09-14-2012, 07:20 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-14-2012, 07:01 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: C'mon guys, there can't be a good flame war if everyone's on the same side!
You know? I'll stay on the neutral side. That way, the flame war is outside my head.

Religiousness at my part. So nothing to say.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM by Robby.)
09-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

This sums up my opinion nicely:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Atheist here too. My mother is a biology and chemistry teacher so maybe I got a little bit of science influence there Wink - but really my parents just let me believe whatever I want and I didn't really see a reason to believe what I was told in religion class. Changed to ethics class instead as soon as it was possible as discussing morals in a somewhat logical manner seemed more productive to me than everything we talked about in religion class.

Quite frankly, religion is just such a strange and sort of...random concept to me that I see no point in discussing it with religious people. I don't hate them or anything (although I might hate some individuals for what their religion makes them do), they're just - from my experience - used to such a different way of thinking and arguing that we might as well be speaking entirely different languages.

So it's really live and let live - as long as they aren't causing any damage or trying to shove their beliefs down my throat, there won't be a flame war from my side Smile

A completely different topic however is religious institutions, especially when they have influence in politics. I am firmly of the opinion that our country should be way more secular than it is right now and that the church has too much power. It also pains me to see how some religious institutions or individuals constantly try to oppose scientific advancements that could benefit humanity and seem to be opposed to the concept of learning as whole... but don't get me started on that. Wink
09-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I think that religion is all find and dandy but I don't like how it's spread. As stated in the previous comic post, it's easier to teach religion to a five year old then it is to a twenty year old. You could say to a five year old "God is real" and they will believe that.

I, myself, am an atheist, and the reason I'm not a Christian is because after I said I didn't believe in God, the people in my school basically attacked me about it. Every day I'd hear "Read the Bible!" or "You're going to Hell!". Quite frankly, I think the point of religion to believe what you want to believe, not shove it down other peoples' throats.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM by Zaffre.)
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Find
Aurain Offline

Threads: 1

I believe in myself more than anything else. :]

My Youtube ~ (Click here!)
09-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I do things kind of like Kreekakon. I am atheist, but my family (both immediate and relative) are mainly "dormant". We don't go to church, but we would say grace on Christmas and Thanksgiving and whatnot. My parents are not bothered by me being Atheist, and I'm kinda glad. One of the main reasons I dislike religion is it's influence against the tempers of its believers. Let's take an example that is happening right now in Lybia. Riots are happening because a silly video about muslim religion was posted on Youtube. They get all pissy and kill 4 Americans and attack the US Embassy a day or two later.

Because of religion.

Religion ALSO apparently told terrorists that if they die for their country, they get 72 virgins. Isn't the premise of religion (besides Mormon) to have only one woman/wife? Wouldn't this count as "only for fornication" I heard a few years back, which was said to be a sin? Wouldn't these virgins have to be wed so it is not? They go completely against what they say, kill thousands of Americans and bring down the towers. Over religion. They have cause war after war throughout the years. This is why I hate religion the most. I would like to stay out of such a thing, which is why I'm happy to be atheist.

No hate please, I'm just calling things how I see them.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 02:58 PM by Statyk.)
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-14-2012, 07:15 AM)Gaviao Wrote: i'm catholic... the only thing i have to do is... live thinking that someone is watching and protecting us '-'
Oh really? say that to Haiti, Japan, the victims of 9/11, the poor in Greece, war victims, the children from Africa! Actually take a fucking look at them!

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: africa-kid_1.jpg]

[Image: c44d040f4f34a4b5_hunger_dd1fx_176841.jpg]

[Image: 3335206894_955aa21203.jpg]

See this?! Your God is doing a great job in protecting them! Oh! and by your religion's logic, every single of one these children and people that have suffered since the day they were born, will go to Hell! only because they didn't have the same faith as you do! you think its fair to let this people in war and hunger while the rest of us laugh and have a drink thinking a being from another dimension is "protecting" us and thats its all about a great plan that makes as much sense as a flying potato! Ignorance is Religion's best friend! the dumbest you are the easiest is for you to be fucking molded in whatever the hell they want you to be!
09-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Website Find