Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[AUDIO] Distant AND reverb for enabled monster
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
[AUDIO] Distant AND reverb for enabled monster

I'm currently going back over some of the voice files for my custom enemy, and I'm looking for some Audacity help. In Justine, when a Suitor becomes enabled, their voice sounds distant, echoed, and somewhat muted, and I'm trying to make a similar effect for my own custom enemy's enabled sound.

Anyone know how to achieve this effect in Audacity?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM by Damascus.)
09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: [AUDIO] Distant AND reverb for enabled monster

(09-14-2012, 07:25 AM)Damascus Wrote: I'm currently going back over some of the voice files for my custom enemy, and I'm looking for some Audacity help. In Justine, when a Suitor becomes enabled, their voice sounds distant, echoed, and somewhat muted, and I'm trying to make a similar effect for my own custom enemy's enabled sound.

i wouldnt know about audacity, but FL Studio has some pretty neat effects. you can download the demo absolutely free, with all the content, with the only downside being that you can save your files, but you cannot open them. if you choose to use FL Studio for these effects, let me know and ill try my best to help you out as best i can.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-14-2012, 07:25 AM)Damascus Wrote: I'm currently going back over some of the voice files for my custom enemy, and I'm looking for some Audacity help. In Justine, when a Suitor becomes enabled, their voice sounds distant, echoed, and somewhat muted, and I'm trying to make a similar effect for my own custom enemy's enabled sound.

I don't know much about Audacity, but I used it to create some horrifying sounds and music. Though, I never used effects like the ones you try to use. With the possible exception of echo.

They weren't monster sounds that I created, so I don't really know if I can help.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Audacity uses Gverb. Here is a wikianswers site I found a while back that has a good arrangement of settings. The more you use it, the more you can begin to understand how each value works, then fine tune the Gverb to match your specific needs:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...343AAFncbH

Hope that helped.

I rate it 3 memes.
09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Reverb seems easy enough. Will that also be able to make it sound as distant as the suitor sample, or would that be a different effect?

09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I'm not certain. You could always fiddle with the numbers.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-14-2012, 08:14 AM)Damascus Wrote: Reverb seems easy enough. Will that also be able to make it sound as distant as the suitor sample, or would that be a different effect?
change the volume+ play sound at entity

I rate it 3 memes.
09-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

(09-14-2012, 08:16 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 08:14 AM)Damascus Wrote: Reverb seems easy enough. Will that also be able to make it sound as distant as the suitor sample, or would that be a different effect?
change the volume+ play sound at entity
Not really. Sound won't really echo and create more reverb like the effect I'm looking for. It's also played out of the entity as enabled.snt automatically so I have to do all my work in the file itself, not a script.

09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

You'll need to mess around with the effects until you reach the desired sound. That's how I created my first horror music, in about 2 hours of work, composed entirely of custom sounds.

It chills me, even though I created that.

09-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

There is an echo effect. Effects, and the dropdown. There it is. I used audacity sometimes, and when I was bored i did cool things. Explained enough. There is something to make the sound more sharper (at least this is how google translated it XD) try messing with that too, maybe is useful.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Find