Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing Gearwheel!
lisapeng Offline

Threads: 1
Disappearing Gearwheel!

Hi,
I encountered some sort of bug or something and can't continue my game properly..
I am currently repairing all the machines for the elevator and had to set up all 3 Gearwheels, but the last one, in the room with the 3 bars, I tried to pick up the gearwheel, moved it a little around and all of sudden it disappeared and I can't find it. I already restarted the game and everything else that came to my mind, but I can't find a solution.. I don't really want to use a savegame of someone else..
can anybody help me to solve this?
09-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Disappearing Gearwheel!

Try going to a savegame before you enter the machine room.

Try taking the gear gently (not hitting it against a wall, that's why it usually disappears).

If all else fails, I don't know.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Website Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

If you cannot get an earlier save to work, upload a save file and I should be able to edit it so that the game thinks you have solved the machine room puzzle, so that you can start the elevator. Please make sure you have solved the rest of the machine room puzzles so that you don't miss out on anything.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 06:09 PM by Apjjm.)
09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
lisapeng Offline

(09-16-2012, 06:07 PM)Apjjm Wrote: If you cannot get an earlier save to work, upload a save file and I should be able to edit it so that the game thinks you have solved the machine room puzzle, so that you can start the elevator. Please make sure you have solved the rest of the machine room puzzles so that you don't miss out on anything.
How can I understand "get an earlier save to work"? Is there any way to kind of "back up" to the previous save?
And it'd be awesome if you could do this!
where do I find my savefile?
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

To load an earlier save, just select the "load game" option in the main menu and pick the save in the back hall before you entered the machine room. If you are on windows 7 your saves are located in MyDocuments/Amnesia.
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Find
lisapeng Offline

Thank you so much!
Never saw that option haha.
THANK YOU!
09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Find