Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Ponies raped my work.
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Ponies raped my work.

(09-16-2012, 07:27 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 03:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: *Facehoof*

You hate a fanbase consisting of thousends of people becuse of ONE guy put Vinyl Scratch in one of your artworks with YOUR permission!!?

You sir, are one of the most immature people I've ever met.
First off, "Facehoof"? The Corinithian Merchant I knew is now gone...

...also, I'm sure he hates the pony fan base because a majority (it is key to point out that this is not all of them) are bat-shit crazy. Danny Boy has expressed his dislike towards them in the past, but it's not just that 1 guy stuck a pony into the beautiful picture (in my eyes, ruining it), it's that it was more well received than the original.

Imagine if after you released your mod, and a few days later a gentlemen messaged you saying "I saw a few areas that could use some work, would you mind if I made an improved version?", and then he releases it as a PDP mod filled with jump scares and gets higher rated on ModDB*/people review it better.

* = ModDB/Ratings, and whatever else are completely pointless and mean nothing. You're quite the brony so I'd imagine that naturally you're in favor of the guy who added the pony, so I'm just trying to create a more relatable scenario.
. . . I'm going to fucking kill you with my bare hooves. Angry
I'm also "quite the brony" and I think that ponified version is appalling, not because of the pony, but also because of the shit filter used(looks all gray and bland), the mere presence of a pony doesn't make it a different piece of(dare I say?) "art", rather it's a pathetic perversion of a perfectly palpable, piece of visual poetry; that both pours two beautiful- YOU GET THE FUCKING PICTURE!!!
[Image: speech61.jpg]

(09-16-2012, 08:36 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:11 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 03:40 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Depends. Yes the pony bothers me because if you look at deviant art. A home site for thousands of talanted artworkers. but is now being filled whit MLP all over the place and seeing those "artworks" (if they can even be called like that...)

There are tons of good MLP fanart.
That's not the pooooooooint.

The point is that pony's get shoved down the throats of anyone who uses the internet on a regular basis all because they're some internet fad now. They just became popular a few years ago when the internet said "hey everyone start liking this now!". If it was truly just based on the quality of the show, there'd be cult-like followings for other beloved (and might I add better overall quality) kids shows as well.

It's clear what I must do now: Start a internet trend for Courage the Cowardly Dog. Yes. They shall be called "Cowardlies". S'beautiful.

I also want to say that I have nothing against the show itself. I've watched a few episodes; they're cute and even funny at times, but there is nothing that separates it from other kids shows in my eyes. Quite frankly, I'd rather watch Ed, Edd & Eddy.

Also, Danny does take some fault in his situation; he should have been more "inquisitive" about what this other artist would be using it for. You can't just give out artistic-rights all willy-nilly and not be prepared for such repercussions.
I would join that group, except a particular somepony isn't who I thought they were! Sad
And Just for the record; Freaky Fred is the reason I have such long hair, since I'm afraid to ever leave!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM by failedALIAS.)
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Jesus fuckig Christ I can't get out of off topic cause there's TOO MANY FICKING POSTS QQ

Posting Freak
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-16-2012, 08:48 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Andy, if you started an internet cult about Courage, I wouldn't mind...
The reason I mentioned fanart, was that Danny said that all fanart sucked and nothing good can come out of it. Brony or not, you can't deny that this is good art.

Corinthian you are starting to fail on your arguments. Technically I did not say that MLP fanart sucks. the thing is that I had enough of it. if you go to deviant art and search for the most popular in the last 8 hours, last day, last week, etc You'll always find a MLP fanart! Art is something we can use to share our thoughts, ideas and imagination. but if art is constrained and we start seeing always the same thing, where is the originality in people going than? Its like Anime. DA is also filled whit it! there is little originality in it! the same goes whit MLP.

"There are many adult people liking kids' shows such as Pokémon (this show sucked since the 90s), Avatar: The Last Airbender etc."

yeah that is true. I actually saw the last airbender for a time. enough to know that the movie has nothing to do whit it. but thats just it! people who see this series. just see them! they make fan art, even their own fan stories from times to times. but they have not founded a "society" and named it just because they watched and enjoyed a show! to be honest I don't even know where to put my finger on bronies. people just got so fanatic about MLP that no other series have ever accomplished. and why is that? is it because its good? well i saw the power puff girls (made by the same animators from MLP) and i didn't see a group called "puffys" shoving their fanarts in every single website that has a place where you can write text or post pictures. its like the series itself doesn't matter for bronies. and you guys become Bronies for some other outside reason. My guess is the need to belong to a group. and since whit the internet, socially awkward people's numbers are rising. bronies seem like a good group to join! and because of its controversy people get the illusion that they are fighting for something when they defend the group from people like me! of course there are other reason for joining Bronies but as I said. the series itself doesn't really seem to matter much for you guys. Its about the group itself rather than the show.

Oh and you might say "it has good animation and its funny from times to times". why is that the only response you guys give? is that all it haves?! Ice Age had a great animation and is fun to watch. but why don't I see every kind of parody to them?

And no Corinthian. as I said (and as you more likely ignored) the artwork edit wasn't the only thing that made me mad at Bronies. so please stop repeating that since by now I think its more than obvious that its not.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Website Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

The quality of a show should be the only argument to why it is liked.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
09-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 09:46 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 08:48 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Lots of words.
You want to know the reason I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, so much? It makes me fucking happy. There, the secret is out. The music is spectacular, and the characters are amazing, while the world they inhabit is interesting and inventively unique.

Listen to this;

Some people don't know how to spread that happiness, and I'll admit to my lack of love and tolerance.
09-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Danny, I have to agree on some of your arguments. I have noticed that "the animation is good" is one of their only comebacks, and many, many people seem to only join because it's a fad. Other people like it, so they want to be with the mainstream. Some people like the show itself, but the whole thing was probably started by someone who wanted to see what would happen.

Note that I'm not trying to start anything. Please don't get angry at me.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 10:08 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Danny, I have to agree on some of your arguments. I have noticed that "the animation is good" is one of their only comebacks, and many, many people seem to only join because it's a fad. Other people like it, so they want to be with the mainstream. Some people like the show itself, but the whole thing was probably started by someone who wanted to see what would happen.

Note that I'm not trying to start anything. Please don't get angry at me.
Heart Love and Fucking Tolerance Heart
09-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Huh I said I wasn't trying to start anything.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM by Zaffre.)
09-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 10:14 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Huh I said I wasn't trying to start anything.
So when someone says "Love and Tolerance" is it your usual reaction to think they're gonna beat the shit outta you, or is it just today?
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(09-16-2012, 10:07 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Some people don't know how to spread that happiness, and I'll admit to my lack of love and tolerance.
I tolerate those that are tolerant. Seems like a fair trade to me.
I don't expect others to understand. I just ask that they tolerate it.
Just because you tolerate something, doesn't mean you have to like it.

09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Find