Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Where do I start?" - HPL2 Learning Foundation
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: "Where do I start?" - HPL2 Learning Foundation

I meant from the forum.
Thanks, Alex Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Okey. Here's another absolutely newbie question. And I presume it's kinda stupid question. If I want to store my new custom models, textures, entities, etc... at the custom_stories/my_folder how to do that?

I mean with new maps I just have to write down MapsFolder="maps/" at the custom_story_settings.cfg file and that's all. With scripts for maps it's even easier - just making .hps file near my_map.map file with the same name and engine will find it.

But what do to with custom models, textures, entities, etc? Should I write something somewhere like MapsFolder, like EntitiesFolder="bla-bla-bla"? Or what? I've searched a lot about that and I can't find out what to do. How to make engine know where my custom things are stored? As I predict the answer is SOOO simple that I just don't see as I don't see my own nose ))))))
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 11:44 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

As long as you have the entities in a folder in your custom story, the game will read them. Just drop the custom entities/texture/sounds/music/etc. in your custom story folder and the game will do the rest.
11-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Wow. Just copy folders and their name structure at custom_stories folder and engine will read them? So easy O_o Shit that was surely in front of my eyes like a nose...
11-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Haha, no worries, we all have our moments.
11-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Oh well, ok, I got it with entities/texture/sounds/music/etc folders at custom_stories folder. All works just great ingame, engine do see custom textures and models, all is cool...

But how to make my new entities/texture/sounds/music/etc folders at custom_stories folder visible at Level Editor? When, for example, I'm opening entities list at LevelEditor it shows only entities, which are particularly at usual Amnesia entities folder.
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

That's pre-determined in a configuration file somewhere, but it's not necessary to change it. Follow these steps:

1) Open the root/redist resources.cfg and add the directory: <Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />

2) Save and open the LevelEditor. Place any entity/static object (depends on what object type you will be changing this to)

3) Pick that entity/s.o., and on the right bottom, it will say "Mesh [...]" or "Entity File [...]". Pick the button and navigate to your custom story folder and pick the desired object.
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Find