Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serious question to Jens
Unregistered

RE:  Serious question to Jens

Nate Wrote:It's not about legality with me... its about principal. Drugs are a cheap and lousy way to escape something that is bugging you.
That's a very broad generalisation. Besides the fact that drugs have many more uses than you seem to think (look up the definition of "drug" if you disagree), it's pretty narrow-minded to assume that everyone who mentions using drugs is a wrecked individual looking for means to escape reality. There are people who actually enjoy the effects of drugs. Of course, with hard drugs this soon turns into physical addiction and wrecks one's health, but soft drugs like weed can help one relax or concentrate. I enjoy the occasional hookah myself, with a few good friends, yet I'm not trying to escape anything, it's just a recreational activity.
07-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

RE: Serious question to Jens

Omg it's a forum full of crackheads, atleast i'm glad that the devs are clean. It's illegal! You support doing illegal stuff and crime, how 'bout I kill your friend? You shouldn't care since you support crime.
07-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Chill, dude. No one's supporting crime, you're exaggerating. Read the links I provided a few posts back - weed is legal for personal use and in small quantities in several countries.

Quote:how 'bout I kill your friend? You shouldn't care since you support crime.
Okay, that was just stupid. Would you care to argument your claim? Of course I'd care if you killed my friend, since that would affect me deeply. Me smoking a hookah (and for your sole information, I smoke tobacco, not weed) doesn't affect you in any way, so I don't see why you're making such a huge problem out of it.

Do you drink, say, beer or wine? If so, I could just as well say that the forum is full of drunkards. Which is obviously a gross distortion of reality.
07-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

I can respect one opinion and option not to do drugs. But to be prejudice against some because of something they do for recreation is as ignorant as racism. Indrek doesn't smoke weed and I'm sure he wouldn't if some one offered it to him. He also doesn't any thing against the people who do and I respect that.

As for the situation of it being illegal. Just because its illegal dose not mean its wrong. Right now I am 19 living in Michigan, USA. If I were to get cought drinking here I would get a MIP, a huge fine, and other legal issues. But me still be me, nothing changes, and I drive two hours across the boarder to Canada where it is legal for me to drink nothing would happen. Did a two hour drive some how make that beer more morally right? Laws are nothing but opinions that those who hold power enforce.

Don't get me wrong, laws are good, and those who enforce them should only be held in the highest respect. But just because its illegal doesn't make it wrong.
07-02-2006, 06:02 AM
Unregistered

Like I said, I don't think of it as legality. I just feel its incredibly stupid to waste your creativity and life on drugs. I was once addicted to club drugs IE; Cocaine, Ecstacy. I know all about drugs. The best thing I ever did was quit. When I think of all the life I wasted numbed by drugs I feel robbed... robbed by my own stupidity. All you people who think it's cool to light up and smoke a joint are stupid and juvenile. No matter how old. You obviously haven't experienced enough of life to think that life under a cloud of smoke or under the thumb of a drug is fun and openminded. Drugs were created for peasents to deal with life in a capitalist society.. I'm not content with capitalism... therefore I stay away from anything that alters my mind.
07-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

It sounds like you couldn't control your self. You took it too far and fell under. I smoke once ever month or so and weed is all I will do. I can't and won't argue other drugs but my stance on weed is that you have to be mature with any thing you do and if your not there is a price.

Every thing in moderation.
07-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Took it too far... man stop talking to me like I'm a child. This topic has gotten really stupid. Drugs aren't cool, you have no argument against that. And personally attacking me and telling me I couldn't control myself really pissed me off. You have no idea the past that led me to dealing with my problems through drugs. Don't assume anything.

While you're smoking yourself stupid and numb, I'll be experiencing life to the fullest. Glad I'm not seeing through a cloud of smoke.
07-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:When I think of all the life I wasted numbed by drugs I feel robbed... robbed by my own stupidity.
Are you saying you didn't take it too far? I agree with KageOni, it looks like you did. Yes, we don't know the circumstances that led to it, but you yourself essentially said at some point in your life drugs had become a problem for you. I can understand that and sympathise with that, and thus respect your opinion on drugs, as its based on personal experience, unlike many other people.

I'm sad to see, though, that you can't respect opinions that differ from your own. Would you think I'm writing this with a pipe in my mouth right now, heavily stoned? Or in a drunken stupor? Because I'm not. And I'm sure KageOni isn't either, as he's able to write well argumented posts.

Was it Bob Marley who said, "You gotta have respect for those who smoke [weed] and those who don't."
07-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

How the hell has come this thread to this?
My opinion about drugs is rather simple, you can do whatever you want with your body, unless (a) you don't know what you're doing, or (b) you're causing any kind of harm to others, including yourself. Some people who do drugs happen to fail at (a), and then in some cases, because of this, start to fail at (b).
I know it may not be that simple. Remember it's just my opinion, and therefore based on my own experience.

EOF
07-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Find
Unregistered

Well, you just know where I stand. And mine is from a basis of experience with said drugs.

If I indeed take it too far, then don't you think I wouldn't have been able to quit it myself? I meant that it had become a problem and I still had the will to stop... and stop my friends from doing it aswell. Drugs ruin peoples lives. No matter how little you use. I'm not saying pot is extremely evil... hell I smoked pot when I was younger... I liked to get stoned. I'm just preaching this because I've realized how stupid it is, and how you're paying some loser for artificial joy. and it just doesn't cut it for me.

I'd rather spend my hard earned money on something that will better me.. that's all. I'm sorry if I came across as an ass, but it's a touchy subject. Maybe you haven't heard of the Meth Crisis in the world now, drugs are becoming a bigger problem then they ever were before. Vancouver now has buildings were crack heads can go shoot up legally, because its such a problem they can't control it. It's a problem for most of the people who do it. Sure pot is fine... but other drugs aren't so easy to control.

I feel that anyone who is knowledgable enough yet still argues that drugs are okay is stupid. Thats just how I feel.
07-02-2006, 05:07 PM