Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

In Case of a Spambot
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
In Case of a Spambot

If you are to encounter a spambot while browsing the forums at any time, do not reply. Instead, find the report button in the bottom left corner of their post and click it, then enter "Spambot" into the field, and submit your report. The post will be deleted by a moderator soon. Replying gives them attention and makes them post more. Never reply, just report. Report and move on.

Spambot posts look like this:
abawel62 Wrote:The most powerful games full and free

[shady link here]
Notice that the poster has an unnatural username. Look at the link. Is it legitimate? Could you trust that site? Is it related to the topic at hand? How many posts does 'abawel62' have? How much reputation? Use these clues to help you identify and report a spambot post.

Remember: report and move on. Do not reply!

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: In Case of a Spambot

Useful information. I reported like 5 or something like that. But this can help other members too!

Clue: Spambots watch the thread, and several minutes later they go offline.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Website Find