Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outside PLEASE HELP!
Pandachoko Offline

Threads: 14
Outside PLEASE HELP!

I am fully working on my outside area, two things I want answer to me.

1: Can you spawn Mountains in HPL? because that would be aweosome, if not . is there other things that just look like a mountain?

2: Can you make the sky lighting style, you know. The weather is black, but can you sometimes make it it switch to white, like lighting.

Sorry for my English. I am coming from Denmark Smile please help
09-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Outside PLEASE HELP!

1. You can use a largely sized dirtpile - then scale it up alot. If it's dark enough players won't see the texture; ergo how ugly it is Smile Alternatively sculpt mountains in a modeling program.

2. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790433/Lightning.zip

That is an image and an alpha for some lightning. Lightningmoving moves, while lightning is still. Choose one of them and make it into a billboard and connect it to a strong/large pointlight. Have all of the color values of the pointlight at 0. Then use scripts to play a lightning sound and set all of the pointlight colors to 1. Then fade all color values of the pointlight to 0 again using a timer.

Edit: Post in developement support next time - that's the usual place to get help.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012, 09:37 PM by Acies.)
09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
Pandachoko Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Outside PLEASE HELP!

thanks xD
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Find