Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious blue cursor
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Mysterious blue cursor

[Image: Azobb.jpg]

Every now and then... say maybe once every two weeks, one of these little bastards appears. It's attached to whatever surface it appears, resembles the camera cursor or a PosNode, and is very very small, so when I zoom out it just looks like a tiny blue dot. You can't select it, no matter how hard you click on it.

It just seems to be an un-selectable, mysterious blue cursor attached to the level. Then if i reload the map, it will be gone.

Does anyone know what the hell this is?

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2012, 06:37 AM by Damascus.)
09-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Mysterious blue cursor

I actually get that all the time too, no idea what it is though. From what I've seen I think it has something to do with the create on surface function/other functions in the level editor that places something on a surface (like with decals), but that's just an observation. I also found that it seems to show up a lot more whenever I run into this certain map-wrecking glitch that's fucked me over many times in the past (though I seem to be the only person that gets it...).

Posting Freak
09-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Website Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

I see this quite often too, it's strange and I would support your theory of placing on surfaces or using decals Kman but actually the other day, I saw it on a section of map I made which didn't have any decals or on surface entites yet. I started wondering whether it's something to do with Alt-Tabbing out of the window (Or some other windows function) that causes a duplicate of a gizmo or something.

That's honestly the best I can come up with xD But if anyone knows the actual reason, I'd love to know haha

[Image: 20643.png]
09-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I had to quit my level editor because that bastard. It happened me when I wanted to connect a light to a billboard. Maybe this helps.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Well it never makes me quit the level editor, it just sits there not doing anything. I think you're right about it being a create on surface bug. I noticed that when you're placing an entity, a similar blue cursor appears wherever your mouse is hovering, so I'm going to assume it's a glitch that causes it to remain behind.

09-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I've had it happen as well, but it doesn't affect the level in any way, but I guess some people could get annoyed with not having a "clean surface". Haha.
09-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Find