Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Space 3 Gameplay
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay

(10-03-2012, 04:46 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm a very strong Dead Space fan.. It's my favorite horror. It just sucks to see EA's typical tactics and its pain-in-the-ass Origin, and I won't be getting Dead Space 3.
I Liked how much you changed your opinion on DS3 since our deviant art conversation.
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

And the Difference in gameplay mechanics terms between this and Gears Of War is what?

im sorry, but i am afraid I dont see any. sorry, you want me to buy a game, you have got to do better than that EA, you dont get my money by cloning what i see as an "inferior dumbed down modern interactive movie" (not enough gameplay to be classed as a game, QTE IS NOT GAMEPLAY!)

Gameplay is EVERYTHING! i don't care what a games story is, or even what is atmosphere is, i look purely at the gameplay, and all i see here is Gears Of War crossed with Aliens with Atmosphere cheaply copied from resi and boiled down to a few lame jumpscares.

Waste of time and money as far as i am concerened, cancel the game, FIRE the dev team, and make something WORTH buying next time EA.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM by the dark side.)
10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-03-2012, 07:19 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Scraper Wrote: I wonder how many here actually played Dead Space (1) in surround sound world at night instead on laptop or crappy stereo speakers / headphones on broad daylight.
Amnesia or Penumbra aren't that scary either unless in proper circumstances.
I first got Dead Space 1 for Xbox 360 2 years ago and had surround sound on full blast, threwblankets over my window (because it was daytime) and shut the bedroom door. Ergo, pitch black, full surround sound <3

I already noticed it from your first post. Wink

10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-03-2012, 07:34 PM)the dark side Wrote: And the Difference in gameplay mechanics terms between this and Gears Of War is what?
Okay, now you just sound ridiculous. Get out. Obviously you don't see the difference in games. Everything must look exactly the same to you when it's one simple thing such as a camera over the shoulder. Next thing you know, you'll be saying Splinter Cell looks like Gears of War. If you honestly can't see the difference, I fear for your game development. It's been said before, and yet you disagreed with it, how does your game differ from Battlefield 3? Apparently you want super-realistic graphics, interactive environment, so it's the same as Battlefield, is it not? If you say no, you are proving you are a hypocrite.

I was okay with your statements before but this is just absurd. This comment is so full of wrong, disproving you is just pointless, considering the one-sided mind you hold. Not every fucking game made nowadays copies another. If that's the case, again, you just want to make another Battlefield clone.

I'm sorry, that comment was just ignorant. I had to say it. If you don't like it, keep the comments/thoughts to yourself.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM by Statyk.)
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(10-03-2012, 07:34 PM)the dark side Wrote: And the Difference in gameplay mechanics terms between this and Gears Of War is what?

im sorry, but i am afraid I dont see any. sorry, you want me to buy a game, youve got to do better than that EA, you dont get my money by cloning what i see as an "inferior dumbed down modern TPS console game".

Gameplay is EVERYTHING! i don't care what a games story is, or even what is atmosphere is, i look purely at the gameplay, and all i see here is Gears Of War crossed with Aliens with Atmosphere cheaply copied from resi and boiled down to a few lame jumpscares.

Waste of time and money as far as i am concerened, cancel the game, FIRE the dev team, and make something WORTH buying next time EA.
Go suck a nut. There's a significant difference. You have this illusion that any game where you get a gun to be a fucking Call of Duty clone. You use your "disease" (if it can even be called that. I researched it extensively. I find it to be a crock of shit.) to defend your weak ass arguments that you use in every god damn thread about a game that comes out because it's not to your style. Am I mad? Yeah, yeah I am.

You cannot compare Gears of War to Dead Space. They're two entirely different things. It's like me saying "Oh, look, Grand Theft Auto is a Gears of War clone because you can take cover, Click to shoot, and "Aim" down the sights. It's also in third person. Oh! And expanding crosshairs."

Now, if you weren't an aspie tard you would realize how ridiculous the whole thing sounds.

TL : DR?
You're a fuckin' moron.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM by Obliviator27.)
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

im sorry, but i am afraid I dont see any. sorry, you want me to buy a game, you have got to do better than that EA, you dont get my money by cloning what i see as an "inferior dumbed down modern interactive movie" (not enough gameplay to be classed as a game, QTE IS NOT GAMEPLAY!)

Wow. Just... wow.

Have to disagree here, honestly.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM by Robby.)
10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

What's up with the hate? It's just an opinion.
Don't agree with it either, but still...

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:48 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Well, certain people forget that.

And I think I slipped there too. A little bit.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-03-2012, 07:47 PM)Scraper Wrote: What's up with the hate? It's just an opinion.
Don't agree with it either, but still...
It's just his arrogant mentality that one single feature means it's a clone of another game. In this case, it seems like he sees:

- Third Person
- guns

"Must be a Gears of War Clone!"

The ignorance is strong with this one. He classifies almost every games either being a Cod clone, a Gears of War clone, or a classic. If he opened up his mind a bit, perhaps he wouldn't get so much hate. If he's a troll, he's a damn good one.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM by Statyk.)
10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-03-2012, 07:51 PM)Statyk Wrote: If he's a troll, he's a damn good one.
Nah, Gaviao's worse.

10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Website Find