Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dishonored - RELEASED!
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Dishonored - Early Review

(10-12-2012, 07:22 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I know windows 7 is amazing, but it's 100 or so dollars in addition to the cost of the game. At least I know i'll be getting my money's worth!
You can play it on Vista too (not that you'd want to).
10-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(10-12-2012, 07:10 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:07 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 06:50 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Well...Looks like I have to buy Windows 7 now >.>

Don't be irritated by that, windows 7 is a very good OS
Well apart from the whole mandatory UAC thing. But I agree, it's excellent.

which is why you don't install any games in program files lol
10-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I just got the game and I have to tell you that playing stealth only is really hard, every mission I go through like this:

Quick-save, *screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load
*screw up*, quick-load

I swear, I have saved my game well over 100 times but it's a very good game. Imagine Thief and assassins creed combined. I really wanted the game to have more dynamic options, like in Hitman. But all you get in terms of open ended gameplay is what way you want to go. I wish you could utilize the environment more, like cutting of chandeliers and watch them fall on people and eventually burn the room down, or setting up a dramatic "accident" involving a stuffed animal head falling on my victims head while I flee throught the cellar performing my evil laugh that I have been practicing all alone inside my attic room in a stinky pub with ugly people stalking me.

That said, it's good but it could have been so much better.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I'm around halfway through my first play-through now while playing non-lethal as possible. The setting is gorgeous, although the actual plot of the game doesn't really have anything over special up until now. Gameplay is amazing though, and I don't think I've ever been this excited to finish my stealth run, and go on my blood thirsty killing run.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Have been playing it the whole night through and will continue now! I'm really taking my time enjoying this game though, so I'm only on the third mission yet.

Also I think the influence of the Outsider may be corrupting me - I started out completely non-lethal but the more I play the more often I find myself simply killing people that I feel deserve it... Or maybe its just the atmosphere of the city slowly getting to me? In any case, the future I see is grim and bleak. The rats are whispering to me and compel me to feed them with the corpses of the human scum that inhabits this cesspool of a city. This story will not have a happy outcome I fear.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 02:54 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I've just finished my second run. The first was non-lethal (Though there were a few accidental deaths) which took me 8 hours, and the second was mayhem killing-spree mode which took me 10 hours. The lethal run took longer since I was more free to explore than the other one without fear of running into enemies that would sometimes be problematic to neutralize non-lethally.

The gameplay is absolutely everything I wished for: amazing as heck. There are just so many ways to go about doing what you have to do, or choose to do. Two playthroughs, and I'm not done experiencing it yet. The actual main plot however is in my opinion not as legendary as the gameplay. It keeps the game afloat, but doesn't rise to godly standards like with other games like Half-Life 2.

On quite a depressingly ironic note...I personally found the evil, high chaos ending to be MUCH better than the anti climatic good, low chaos one. That's regarding the whole final build-up to the ending.

EDIT: Also, I wish the Outsider had a more significant role in the game. He's basically gone, and non-influential by the end. I wish he mattered more.

EDIT: I have to give the game major props though. I already beat it twice, and my brain is still going: MOAR!! I MUST HAVE MOOAARRRR!!!

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 05:20 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Oh my, looking at the reviews, I'm going to play this immediately! Let me prepare my credit card!

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Dishonored - RELEASED!

Quote:On quite a depressingly ironic note...I personally found the evil, high chaos ending to be MUCH better than the anti climatic good, low chaos one. That's regarding the whole final build-up to the ending.
Just finished it and got the bad/chaos ending as well! Tongue Then I loaded a save, tried the last part again and discovered that there is actually an even worse ending. I'm kinda surprised that it was even possible - kudos to the developers for being corageous enough to let something like that in their game... Not going to spoil anything of course, in case you only got the kinda-bad ending Wink (But I think you're talking about the worst ending as well...)
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012, 04:57 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(10-14-2012, 04:56 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Just finished it and got the bad/chaos ending as well! Tongue Then I loaded a save, tried the last part again and discovered that there is actually an even worse ending. I'm kinda surprised that it was even possible - kudos to the developers for being corageous enough to let something like that in their game... Not going to spoil anything of course, in case you only got the kinda-bad ending Wink (But I think you're talking about the worst ending as well...)
The "bad" ending can go either way depending on a last second action though, so yeah I know all three endings now Big Grin

Image by BandyGrass
10-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Playing it, and loving it so far.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Website Find