Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Work in progress Slender: Curse of Hope [Slenderman Gameplay Video out!]
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Slender: Curse of Hope

(10-06-2012, 05:00 PM)Statyk Wrote: Don't discourage him Nemet, I'm sure you'll do just fine Curse. =]
I gave him a tip. In the case it seemed like discouragement, excuse me, and I'll edit that post.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Website Find
Curse of Hope Offline

Threads: 1

1. we are 2 people working on the project, but you will mostly be replied to by me (Martin Nord)
2. The account is named after the mod not opposite. This was because we wanted it so both of us could reply and edit the thread, as well as having you be sure you were being replied to by the creators
3. I dont find Nemet's post discouraging, though it shows that he is looking critically at the mod, until he knows more about it, which is completely understandable. We also said that you were free to comment what you think of the project in the end of the post, so we kind of asked for it ourselves if everyone hates on it.

but its nice to see that you people are trying to keep a good tone in here ;)0

-Martin

Work In Progress - Slender: Curse of Hope
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 09:37 PM by Curse of Hope.)
10-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

That's nice.

Yeah, you can't just judge a book by its cover. Same kind of thing stays here. Until a short demo is out, I can't tell if this will be successful or not.

But then again, final product matters, a demo's there JFS.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-06-2012, 05:39 PM)Curse of Hope Wrote: 3. I dont find Nemet's post discouraging, though it shows that he is looking critically at the mod, until he knows more about it, which is completely understandable. We also said that you were free to comment what you think of the project in the end of the post, so we kind of asked for it ourselves if everyone hates on it.
If you don't mind my input, I don't like how there is fog on the map in the menu, but the skybox is unaffected. If you want fog, the skybox is going to have to match that fog, as in nature, fog reduces visibility on anything behind it. It doesn't look natural. My advice is to either take out the fog, or open the skybox in Photoshop or Gimp and add in some fog of matching color. Just giving my input!
10-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-06-2012, 05:51 PM)Statyk Wrote: I don't like how there is fog on the map in the menu, but the skybox is unaffected.
Yeah, that's quite problematic. I had that in my map, and it was GOD annoying. Ended up having to remove the fog, because it just wouldn't match up with that of nighttime.

10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Website Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

I find this interesting. It seems that your mods been in development for maybe a week or two. Yet mines been in development for about 6-7 "months" and you have more feedback and support then me already. I think it shows your talent but also....makes me a little sad.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM by candlejack131.)
10-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-06-2012, 06:06 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: I find this interesting. It seems that your mods been in development for maybe a week or to. Yet mines been in development for about 6-7 "months" and you have more feedback and support then me already. I think it shows your talent but also....makes me a little sad.
A good title would usually catch your attention. Not to mention a good story, some pictures (of really good parts), and there you have it.

10-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Website Find
Curse of Hope Offline

Actually i have been thinking about this problem a bit already, though I was more worried about it raining with such a clear sky then the fog.

-Martin

10-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

(10-06-2012, 06:08 PM)Nemet Robert (Robby) Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 06:06 PM)candlejack131 Wrote: I find this interesting. It seems that your mods been in development for maybe a week or to. Yet mines been in development for about 6-7 "months" and you have more feedback and support then me already. I think it shows your talent but also....makes me a little sad.
A good title would usually catch your attention. Not to mention a good story, some pictures (of really good parts), and there you have it.
My title reverts from its Setting. My story is long and as far as i feel original. The only "Unoriginal" thing i can think of in my story is the name of the main character which just happens to be Alexander Lovat. This is not a reference to normal amnesia lore this is a reference to a name I'd use a lot as a child. I posted some screenshots and speak honestly about my story. I guess ill post more later on tonight.

However his name "does" blow my name away....and by the time i reboot my CS like i said before this is more of a beta i'll be deemed as unoriginal in design or copying.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 06:22 PM by candlejack131.)
10-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
Curse of Hope Offline

(10-06-2012, 06:14 PM)candlejack131 Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 06:08 PM)Nemet Robert (Robby) Wrote:
My title reverts from its Setting. My story is long and as far as i feel original. The only "Unoriginal" thing i can think of in my story is the name of the main character which just happens to be Alexander Lovat. This is not a reference to normal amnesia lore this is a reference to a name I'd use a lot as a child. I posted some screenshots and speak honestly about my story. I guess ill post more later on tonight.
I would appreciate if we dont go off topic and talk about other custom stories on this thread, people might get confused about which there is being talked about.
please continue your discussion in private, on the ender thread, or elsewhere ;)
-Martin

10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Find